Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2002 9:25:50 AM EDT
I've been told that I would need 2 of the ARMS #15S spacers to correctly co-witness a Reflex II on a #15 mount with my iron sights.  Can somebody tell me how thick these spacers are?

I'm wondering whether two of these spacers would be about the same as using a #38 Swan Sleeve (which I already have), which provides about 12 mm of height.

Any comments?
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that it is 1 spacer if you mount directly to the flattop (or RIS) or 0 spacers if its on a swan sleeve., I can let ya know tuesday when my new reflex 2 gets here.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The ARMS #15S Spacer is a little shy of .15"
I measured mine while it was mounted, so I couldn't be exact.
I prefer two spacers, as I like the 6.5mil dot on my Reflex I a little higher above the front sight post.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, thanks guys.  Since the swan sleeve is about .47" high, I guess it's equal to about 3 spacers.  That is probably too high; it could start to obscure the iron sights.  I'll know for sure when I get my reflex.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
How many spacers can you stack on the ARMS 15 mount?  And do most people use one spacer or two in order to cowittness the sight.  And when I refer to cowitnessing I mean have the aiming point be not directly on top of the front sight post.  I would appreciate feed back on this thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top