Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2002 8:23:39 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a low power scope or Red Dot system for my 20" Bushmaster with an A2 top.  I mainly want it for target shooting for longer distances, sayt 100 or so yards.  

I'd like a low power scope, like a 5X, something that is physically small, like the ATN .223.  I like the size of the Red Dot systems but they look like they are not really made for accuracy.  They seem to inhibit the shooters view when shooting targets.

What are your opinions?  Are Red Dot systems good for accurate target shooting?  Which models should I avoid?  I really don't want to spend more than $200.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're looking to hit center mass out to 400m a quality "Dot" optic will be fine.

If you are looking to take an eye out, then a magnified scope would be better.

As far as your spending limit, you can find older Aimpoints (I've only used Aimpoints and I'm very happy with them).  I paided 175 for my Comp M.  You can probably find a Aimpoint 1000/3000 for less, which would fit your needs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top