Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2002 3:11:43 PM EDT
Hi all,

It's been a while.

I have got an Elbit Falcon II Reflex sight. It's Israeli, the IDF uses them on there Long's and carbines. It's a rather large sight and it seems like the IDF has a special bracket made to make it fit over the handguard by fixing it to the front sight of the carbine somehow. (said to be A.R.M.S., but they say they don't know it.)

Anyone know these mounting brackets ?

(look at the pictures at this great site: http://www.isayeret.com/optics/elbit/elbit.htm )

Also I read a review at the Old.AR15.com site.
( http://old.ar15.com/products/sights/falcon/ )

I would like to fit it to my M4gery, but it looks like I have to saw of the front mountingring to get it to fit between my carryhandle and the front sight so I can fit it to the A.R.M.S. #39 mount.

I have been thinking of some other options (just not to wreck the scope), like buying a flattop upper, or trading it for a smaller trijicon reflex.

The Falcon is ideal to fit on a SP1 (or other light barrel 20") the rear of the sight it fixed in a 2 pin setup attached to the carryhandle and the front screws on a clamp around the barrel, with the top of the clamp protruding trough the upper handguard.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Best regards
Nick
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont want to brag, but it might be my design.
Falcon out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont hold back, and tell us about it.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not familiar with the Elbit model names/numbers, but I have seen a lot of Elbit optics in service with ARMS throw levers, but the Elbit sold over here is not the one the IDF use, best to call ARMS and ask.
Good shootin, jack
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the IDF model.
www.comcorinc.com/test.html

It is designed for 20" government profile barrels with the triangular handguards.

The alternate is a weaver mount.  The mounting is tall enough that a sleeve is not required.

If you don't like it would you part with it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi,

I do have the barrel mount. Only thing is i've got a carbine and a heavy barrel. so I need another way to mount it.

I would part with it but I live in the Netherlands and you state at your website that the falcon cannot be imported into the US. (why's that anyway, another silly ban ?)

regards
Nick
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Two good sources for information on mounting your Elbit Falcon Mark II Optical Sight, are Jim Crews, www.marksmans.com  and Doug Williamson at The Gunworks www.thegunworks.net  I think Jim had his mounted by Doug, and I know Doug and his gunsmiths do them a lot.

The Elbit fits on any Government contoured 20" rifle, too, not just pencil barrels.  I have one on an Original M16 Clone, and on a KKF Kurzgewehr (dissipator from a cut down 20" barrel)

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

However, my problem is not the mounting of the Elbit on a 20" rifle, but how I can get it on my Carbine.

Problem here is that the Elbit is to big to fit it between the carryhandle and the frontsight.

The only option I see is getting a flattop upper or cutting off the front mountring of the Elbit so I can fix it to a #39 A.R.M.S. mount.

On the otherhand I dont want to wreck the Falcon and may consider selling or trading it for another dotsight.

Regards
Nick
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Dianick...BUY AN AIMPOINT Comp ML2
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

However, my problem is not the mounting of the Elbit on a 20" rifle, but how I can get it on my Carbine.

Problem here is that the Elbit is to big to fit it between the carryhandle and the frontsight.

The only option I see is getting a flattop upper or cutting off the front mountring of the Elbit so I can fix it to a #39 A.R.M.S. mount.

On the otherhand I dont want to wreck the Falcon and may consider selling or trading it for another dotsight.

Regards
Nick

Dude!  I gave you two contacts above, as I KNOW they have them on carbines.  I was just showing mine on rifle length applications.  Read the words, as well as the pictures.

Unless you have the Israeli carbine setup, you aren't going to put one on a A2 handled carbine without milling either the carry handle, or Elbit, though.  A lot of good people have tried, and then tried something else.  The red dot of death rules, though!

And Falcon2, tell us more!?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi All,

Thanks for all the info. I decided to get a flattop upper from J&T Distributing.

Thanks BigGuns for the advise. I dont want to get stuck with nothing by messing up the Falcon or my carryhandle.

regards
Nick
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top