Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2002 6:14:26 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with both the ACOG and the SN-12.  I was all set on purchasing a TA-01 but then got bit by the SN-12 bug.  I'm looking sto see why you perfer one over the other...thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Never used a SN12, but I have used an SN4, and also the TA01, and TA31.  Between those optics, I would highly suggest the TA31A.  I think it is the best available CQB to 300m battle optic on the market, bar none.

SN4 is big and heavy, but the optic clarity is awesome, I mean awesome. It beats the ACOG hand down.  But this is not to said the ACOG is not clear.  ACOG is super clear optic, but it is not as nice as the US Optics.  But ACOG is cheaper(then the SN4), and it has the BAC feature I found so useful in close in combat. Compare to the 4x SN12, ti will give you faster target acquistion. Although SN4 in 1x with circle dot reticle is pretty fast too, but the BAC in the ACOG will help in combat in night.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
A USMC MKI SN12 is $865, that is a far cry from the SN4.

The SN4 is a bigger scope it is also a variable power scope with multiple options and comes with a posi slide mount.

The SN12 is much simplier, fits either a flat top or carrying handle and is not a reticle based ranging and engagment system.  It is BDC controlled and includes MOA ranging that is not used for engaging. You simply range, dial and shot.

The circle chevron allow for point and area target engagement. from 0-600m as the USMC requested.

Better FOV, Eye relief, resolution goes without saying.
USO SN12 at Sniper's Hide

Size wise a picture is worth a thousand posts:
http://www.snipershide.com/optics/uso/pop/images/sn12a400.gif

Lowlight
Sniper's Hide
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top