Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2002 4:44:32 AM EDT
I haven't found one in the 2 stores I checked, but I did get to see an M2. I have no trouble with the tube design - which was a concern at first - and the dot seemed nice and bright. With a decent cheek-weld to the stock, I didn't have any problems with losing the dot or distortion etc... I would like feedback from an owner on the 2X. Were there any positive or negative differences with the 2X magnification or the 2MOA dot? Is it still easily visible when focusing on the distant targets?

I selected the ML2-2x with the intent that it would be a fast-aquisition sight, but still have the capability of hitting a paper plate at 300meters in slow fire.

I'd appreciate any feedback, and thanks in advance!

SIEGE
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Better late than never. . .  I've owned a ml2-2x for about 6 months, and I love it.  You can shoot it with two eyes open, and if you're used to the BAC concept from ACOGs, you can use the same theory with the Aimpoint jut fine.  The field of view is small, but this isn't a problem since you'll use it with both eyes open.  The optics are great, sharp and bright.  Battery life is amazing (thousands of hours vs 4 hours in a Leupold CQT).  I'm very happy with the purchase.  It is at least $200 less than it's nearest competitor, with better fit and finish to boot!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT BUY THIS SCOPE WITHOUT SEEING IT IN PERSON AT A GUNSHOW FIRST!

I cannot emphasize this enough.  I have used or at least looked through all the major offerings and the 2x Aimpoint is the single worst optic I have ever looked through and everyone I have taken to a gunshow with me to show them the various choices in optics and explain the strengths and weaknesses has hated the 2x Aimpoint too.  I know some people like it but I dont see how.  Its simply horrible.  Please do not buy it site unseen.  If you like it after trying it then fine whatever floats your boat but you dont want to be kicking yourself after getting a sight that sucks.  Again, NEVER BUY BEFORE YOU TRY.  That is what gunshows are for.  Checking out stuff you want to buy so you know what to order for cheap on the internet [;)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh and no you cant remove the 2X objective and the dot is the same size as the 4MOA non magnified version (which I love) Since the sight picture is 2X as big the 4MOA dot is now 2MOA.  The way it magnifies the image makes it like looking in a tube 100 times worse than the regular Aimpoint and it has way way too narrow a field of view.  Trying to use it BAC style is harder than a compact ACOG in comparison.  It really has no advantages and is a major flop out in the market because it excells at nothing compared to the competition.  PLEASE go look at one and report your findings here.  Thank you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top