Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 4:06:14 PM EDT
Since search is limited.  Who makes the best colt smg mags?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
9 m.m.?
Metalform or the re branded ones.

Promags dont feed when it's freezing outside.
C Products that I own, seemed to need break in time.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the Brownells Colt 9mm pattern mags.  I have a dozen and have had zero problems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Metalform (Colt, Brownells, CMMG)
View Quote

Metalform also makes the Palmetto State Armory version
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Metalform also makes the Palmetto State Armory version
View Quote

This. PSA branded  Metalforms and PSA mag well adapter have been humming along for 1000’s of rounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to thread jack, but has anyone had luck with the pro mag drum for colt smg's?

and to answer the op question, my answer is metalform.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Plus 1 on metalform mags from cdnn
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#10]
No problems with my Duramags (c products) I have a bunch of ASC mags and had to file the feed lips down to get them to work, but they have been 100% since then. No experience with the metalform mags
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If you have the milling jig.... just cut a slot in an Uzi magazine for ultimate indestructability and reliability. No BHO, however.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Metalform are the best.
My old Cproducts I had to mill about .032 to lower the magazine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Just adding to the Metalform recommendations.  They are the standard by which everything else is judged, in my opinion.  I had gotten out of the 9mm AR game in the mid-2000s, but came back in the mid-2010s.  I stocked up Metalforms for my current gun.

Had a bunch of RRA-converted Uzi mags that worked pretty well.  You lose the LRBHO but a properly-converted Uzi mag is usually a solid choice.  Cheap Uzi mags are still out there, but will likely require some cleanup effort on top of cutting the catch.

I had a ton of bad experiences with the CProducts 9mm mags.  I remember those were so hotly anticipated back when they first came out as a cheaper alternative to Metalform/Colt.  And they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.  Then the CProducts legal drama llama showed up and the company flaked out on their initial efforts to "fix" them.  Some folks had luck with them, but you had to get your mag block just right, or tweak the mag catch slot just right, or they misfed constantly.  Sold the two I had for a song just to be rid of them.  The current CProd mags are OEM for IWI's 9mm Tavors and Colt's 9mm ARs.  Big endorsements I suppose, but I don't trust them after my early experience.

I tried a Promag, and it was terrible.  I give them credit for stuff like the HK93 mags, but their Colt-style 9mm mags were straight up garbage.  I think I ended up throwing it out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Definitely NOT the ProMag (not surprising) poly ones.  They crack at the feed lips.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I got gifted an original colt 9mm upper and it came with duramags. Have about 15 of them and they all run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I found one of the promag drums on sale for $58 and FO'd. Wouldn't ya know it the damn thing ran. I'm not about to run more than one load through it right now, but it's looking good. Typical chinsy plastic promag construction and I may have gotten lucky, but I'm optimistic.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top