Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2021 11:30:36 AM EDT
These have been on the market for a while but I've never tried them. Any positive/negative feedback from Hexmag users?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They are probably fine. I only have one and use it for training failures. It is not reliable. Could be just the one I have however.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The series 1s had issues with feeding sometimes and feedlip spreading, but supposedly the series 2s are much improved. They will say series 2 on the feedlip if they are the newer version

I think the main problem they face is a saturated market that doesn't make them a particularly compelling option against pmags, Surefeeds, and Lancers. I don't think they are significantly cheaper than the first two options.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
They're okay. The Series 2 are the ones you want, if you want some.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you spot the difference between a Gen I and a Gen II Hex Mag to know which Gen you have?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you spot the difference between a Gen I and a Gen II Hex Mag to know which Gen you have?
View Quote

I'd have to look to make sure, but I'm pretty sure the Series 2 says so on the mag itself. It should be on the side of the mag, near the feed lips.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I can confirm that they say "Series 2" on the left side of the mag.  I got these to use with .300BLK because of the unique texture - they worked fine at the range and do have a feel to them.  No problems locking in and fed fine.  I recently switched to Lancer translucent smoke mags for .300BLK recently as I so the Hex are in reserve.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine don't fit in any lr308. Guna sand them down to fit. Wouldn't buy more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can confirm that they say "Series 2" on the left side of the mag.  I got these to use with .300BLK because of the unique texture - they worked fine at the range and do have a feel to them.  No problems locking in and fed fine.  I recently switched to Lancer translucent smoke mags for .300BLK recently as I so the Hex are in reserve.
View Quote

Thanks!  I bought some several years back in OD Green for my Son's AR (Green Machine) and will look to see which Gen they are.  

So far they have been great shooting at the range, but like most Poly Mags (even P-Mags), I'm concerned about the feedlips if left loaded over time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're going to leave mags loaded for a long time, I'd probably stick to metal mags. Or PMags if you use the covers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine don't fit in any lr308. Guna sand them down to fit. Wouldn't buy more.
View Quote

While I'm not fond of them (feed lip spread under load), all five of mine fit fine in all of my PA-10s. Then again, EVERYTHING works in my PA-10s.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a couple and they work fine for 5.56 I tried them with .458 SOCOM and the feed lips would open up enough that I would not use them for that. There is more flex in the bodies than Pmags(I use Pmags for my .458 300g. HP's)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top