Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2020 12:08:54 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Promag 30 and 40 round 308 mags for AR10 platforms? I know Promag is usually low tier, but all the reviews seem to be very good. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
People hate on ProMag, but I've had 3 of em - 1x Rollermag for an AR-15, 1x 5 rnd steel flush fit AR, 1x 10 rnd 1911 mag - all have worked fine in my ARs, 1911, & both Hi-Points.

They must be doing something right, they've been in business for a long time & keep expanding their line.  CMMG uses them as OEM for one of their 5.7x28mm guns.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
ProMag warranty is excellent...........because they need it.

A friend had some in his attic for a few months.  They distorted enough to no longer work and were quickly replaced under warranty.

His comment was that I told him to buy them.  I actually told him to buy P-mags.  (Magpul)

A 20 round .308 mag is about the right weight.  A 30 or 40 is a big bitch.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few 40 rounders for the 556, my only complaint is they are a tad long so if you plan on bench shooting for me it becomes an issue.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
This company made junk 30 years ago and it seems not much has changed.  It seems to me that there are other options which are better and might only be slightly more expensive.  Its true they have been around a long time but so has Alfa Romeo.  Just saying
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  This company made junk 30 years ago and it seems not much has changed.  It seems to me that there are other options which are better and might only be slightly more expensive.  Its true they have been around a long time but so has Alfa Romeo.  Just saying
View Quote

Do tell us about the other options for 30 & 40 round .308 SR25 mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top