Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2020 5:47:01 AM EDT
Check at the 23:51 time stamp about the Torkmag.

I've used them myself in semi and full.

I love them. Especially the 35rd and 50rd, the 40rd is good but i like the others better.

I like the 35rd because they are about the same size as a 30rd, so, same pouches and bulk. For example, my standard combat load is 7mags,  30rd ea, 210 rds. With these, I could either have the same load with one less mag for less bulk, but nah, OR, we could get the equivalent of an extra mag plus 5rds for the same bulk, that's more like it!

I like the 50rd because they are unique, I don't know of anything else like it. I especially like the idea of the 50rd in a bullpup. I know some of you guys don't generally like bullpups but hear me out. I have not had the opportunity to fire from a bullpup but I did get to insert the mag and move around with it (I can tell you they do not work in an AUG w NATO stock) . One reason I am so interested in the 50rd mag with a bullpup is because the extra long mag seems less of a hindrance in the bullpup than in a regular layout rifle. It is also easier to go prone with a longer mag in a bullpup as you form a scalene triangle with the high point at the rear. Plus the increased weight at the rear is not so bad as on a regular rifle. Lastly, drums don't work (I know how some of you feel about drums too) ergonomically with bullpups, so mags like the surefire 60, schmeisser 60 and this Torkmag 50 are a much more feasible alternative.  At an MSRP of just shy of $30 these are a fraction of the price of the Surefire or Schmeisser! they seem easier to load too. Also they seem more reliable than the quad stack which I have had one or two hiccups with.

I'm actually very ho hum and lukewarm about the 40rd mag because there are already other 40rd mags that work well. Also the size difference is not so much. I was frankly disappointed in the 40 rounders. Not that they didn;t work perfect, they did, jsut that they are less unique than the others.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.ammoland.com/2020/04/torkmag-35-40-and-50-round-ar-magazines-review/#axzz6hFu3y6b3

Actually is pretty interesting. The 40 does look a little shorter than the PMAG 40 too. Which is great but too damn long.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, you seem to have forgotten the video you reference.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top