Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2015 1:51:39 AM EDT
Saw a company selling both gen 2 and 3 mags. What's the differance?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I know there were numerous reports of the earlier Gen CPD mags with all sorts of problems.
In my 2 AR builds(7.62X39) I have been using 8 of the 30rd Gen3 CPD 7.62X39  and have over 2000 rounds through them with flawless success so I can highly suggest the Gen3 CPD.

Edit; some good info in the last 3 post in this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/684043_C_Products_mags_still_suck_.html&page=2
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I've only seen their 30 round as Gen III, where the 28 round is Gen II. Sound like they updated the 30 rounder, not the 28 rounder (which is CPD only, not a left over C-products product).
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the main difference is the mag body geometry, and possibly spring. Having to have the straight upper portion of the mag for the AR platform doesn't lend itself to feed reliability with the x39mm round. Now with the constant curvature AK mags - never a problem.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top