Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2015 10:22:55 PM EDT
I came across these today at the shop. They are steel, appear to be 5.56 30 rounders, and have a steel follower. Who makes these? Are they possibly pre-ban? and are they worth anything? 2 fit into a standard AR-15 Mega lower nicely, one is a bit snug. All 3 fit and drop free from my Olympic/SAW M16. Also, they do not activate the bolt hold open latch.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
British SA 80/L85 magazines I believe.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Could be.

The follower is designed NOT to lock the bolt open (which is a NATO spec)
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Every SA-80 mag I found on a general search ( my roommate said the same thing when I showed them to him earlier ) turns up the HK looking mags, which these are not. Did they go from the ones I have to the HK style? And of course, any value besides normal shooter value?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they are the Swiss mags. Not a good rep here. I have a butt load of them I got for free but have never used them so I can't give first hand info.

Heavy with an odd follower for sure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, he's right. I double checked my Swiss mags and they are similar but not the same.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried putting a good follower in those?  Might be all that is necessary to make them good mags.  If you look on eBay, etc, you can buy the orange or gray anti-tilt followers as cheap as $1.50 each if you buy a big pack of them.  If you are really lucky you can buy a bunch of used GI style followers from someone who upgraded a bunch to one of the expensive brands...

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

this is correct

made by santa barbara

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
After market followers may not fit due to the base plate tab design. Those Cetme L mags don't appear to have the best reliability. Internet stories are saying that the mags were the weak point for the Cetme L and when USGI mags were used the reliabity was very good.  YMMV

advntrjnky
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top