Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2015 10:44:42 AM EDT
Just got five Okay Industries magazines in a trade for a pistol holster I had laying around. When you break it down they were $10 a piece. I am either going to leave them be or paint them. They seem to be in good working order but not 100% sure until I can get to the range and really test them out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a lot of money for used mags.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It is kind of high price-wise, when you consider that you can probably get them new for $12-14 or so with shipping included; even less if you catch them on sale.

But it's not outrageous high, and imo you just got five of the absolute best magazines a person can stick in an AR. If choosing between five Okay's and a holster that I can't (or don't) use, I'll choose the Okay's every time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Kind of what I was thinking. Thought it seemed kind of high but I have been trying to sell this holster for months lol. Figured I could use the magazines more than a holster I haven't used in two years.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kind of what I was thinking. Thought it seemed kind of high but I have been trying to sell this holster for months lol. Figured I could use the magazines more than a holster I haven't used in two years.
View Quote

When you put it like that, you did ok.  

Okay/NHMTG/Colt are the best g.i. mags you can get.  I've used 'em for years...
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and yes- no question.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So where are you guys finding them for less than $10? I've searched and searched for Okay and can't find any cheaper than $11
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Search for NHMTG, which is Okay's merchandising brand. Some places are closing them out because Okay is doing a name-change away from NHMTG to Okay SureFeed (or something like that). Last I picked up were at www.climags.com - got them for 9.99 each, including magpul followers.

Right now, www.44mag.com has them at $12.99, but that includes magpul followers: https://www.44mag.com/product/nhmtg_magazine_magpul_follower/nhmtg
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the links. I'll be sure to check them out
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Search for NHMTG, which is Okay's merchandising brand. Some places are closing them out because Okay is doing a name-change away from NHMTG to Okay SureFeed (or something like that).
View Quote

Close, but not quite correct.

NHMTG is a brand owned by Ronan, they had Okay Industries manufacture magazines with their logo on the floorplates (NHMTG).

Okay Industries has decided to only manufacture magazines with their name and for Colt Industries. (supposedly Colt owns the stamping dies).
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:...NHMTG is a brand owned by Ronan, they had Okay Industries manufacture magazines with their logo on the floorplates (NHMTG).

Okay Industries has decided to only manufacture magazines with their name and for Colt Industries. (supposedly Colt owns the stamping dies).
View Quote

Could well be. I was assuming that they (Okay, Ronan, and NHMTG) were separate branches of the same entity, with Okay being manufacturing, Ronan being distribution, and NHMTG being brand name (brand name for the civilian market).

When you go to www.NHMTGmags.com, the page lists all three names - Ronan, Okay, and NHMTG - all together; and I always assumed that they were one organization. That said, up until recently I thought that NHMTG was the manufacturing arm and Okay was the brand; so I could be completely off on them being interconnected.

All that said, Buffer Tech has NHMTG's with magpul followers for only $10.95: http://www.buffertech.com/M16-30-round-magazines-new-P148.aspx
(The pic shows a green follower, but the description specifies magpul follower.)

And for the masochists among us, Specialized Armament has them for the incredible bargain price of just $30 apiece : http://www.specializedarmament.com/products/Magazine_M16_5_56mm_30_Round_Enhanced-1052-281.html
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay = Colt = NHMTG.

You can't get a better GI-type mag than Okays.    They and Pmag are all I use.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure NHMTG and Okay are the same just that Okays were military only and the NHTMG was the civilian branded side for LE
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally, I don't pay more than $5 for used GI mags and I don't care who made them. You can buy new DH's on sale from Palmetto for $6 regularly and by all accounts and my own experience, they run great and have modern followers etc....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got about 30-40 Okay 30rd mags from the '80s when I was stationed at Bragg. The finish is worn but they function 100%. I just recently replaced all the followers with Magpul followers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've got about 30-40 Okay 30rd mags from the '80s when I was stationed at Bragg. The finish is worn but they function 100%. I just recently replaced all the followers with Magpul followers.
View Quote

This. The only thing I'd change about Okay/NHMTG to make them "ideal" imo would be if there were a viewing window a la Pmag or similar. My biggest magazine conundrum right now (since I picked up a 300BK) is standardizing magazines between calibers. For decades I've had ar's in nothing but 5.56 and more recently .223Wylde, and with now adding an incompatible caliber I'd like to find a good way to help prevent mismatching guns & ammo. IE, the dangers of grabbing a 5.56 gun and .300BK-loaded mags or vice-versa. I've got Okay's, Pmag's and  Lancers; more than 200 between them, and the Pmags and Lancers are very good. The problem is that it's hard for me to get past my loyalty to the Okay's; I've never found a magazine more reliable while being so easy-inserting on a closed bolt.

I'm down to thinking maybe I'll just  mark some mag bodies with a spray-paint stripe or something, using color to denote caliber. I like my Pmags and I like my Lancers, but no way am I going to have the Okay's totally out of the picture on the .300 carbine.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top