Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2015 10:10:28 AM EDT
here is the [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q13nW4JcRM&feature=youtu.be&utm_source[/URL]

Well my linking skills are very poor I will post his and try a better liny in next post
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
try that link thing again ...each forum works a little different

]Magpul DIY dyeable Pmags
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  I want to use these with a 300blkout.  I will Cerakote the carrier orange and a couple of Pmags orange so I have a quick ref for what caliber I am shooting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I was thinking the same you can make sure you differentiate between 5.56 193 and 855 and .223 at a glance rather than a longer inspection.  I rue the day(s) I bought any .223, but I did and I have it.  Danged if I won't shoot it.  I need to know it has different ballistics.  Yes you can take the time to look at all your mags and determine what's in them, takes time when you really want to go.  Colors would be a big help
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats cool, but why not make OD, FDE, and stealth grey M3 mags?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Strength of the polymer. Magpul says the "sand" is actually stronger than the black, and was otherwise unwilling to compromise strength for color.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope they start making AR furniture in this sand color as well for some really cool color customization.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope they start making AR furniture in this sand color as well for some really cool color customization.
View Quote

The end of the vid says "More sand products coming in 2015".  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The sand color itself will probably look pretty cool. I got a rifle cerakoted FDE and did all FDE furniture. I lost it last year for probably 30 minutes in a field. Just think of sand with dark brown stripes
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The sand color itself will probably look pretty cool. I got a rifle cerakoted FDE and did all FDE furniture. I lost it last year for probably 30 minutes in a field. Just think of sand with dark brown stripes
View Quote

For shame
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Strength of the polymer. Magpul says the "sand" is actually stronger than the black, and was otherwise unwilling to compromise strength for color.
View Quote

Seems odd that Sand is stronger than black but the colors in between are weaker than both?

Maybe we will see a "premium" pre-dyed mag in FDE, OD, Gray, and such.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For shame
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame

No kidding... isn't that why they make slings?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Been doing it with regular fde mags for years.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Dyed a AFG to match. Then got a little over spray of Brake-clean on it.
Yea.. THAT took that color right off.

Be nice if they could product a "winter white" but sand is better that black.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats a odd statement, considering they were ok with it for 6-8 years?

I'm glad they listened about the Rit dye, but honestly I can't believe a company like magpul can't make matching colors with the same strength as their furniture. Rit dyeing stuff makes them stick out like a sore thumb under NVG's
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've wondered why Magpul couldn't develop mags and AR furniture that comes in varieties of camouflage?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Seems odd that Sand is stronger than black but the colors in between are weaker than both?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Sand" is actually the color of the polymer pellets unchanged.  Therefore its the strongest since there are no color additives changing the natural/original formula.  Clever for them to just use the natural color of the ploymer and call it something new like "sand".
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Apparently the sand is the neutral color of the pellets.  That's great news if it is.

Oops. Didn't read the entire thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame

If you carry your rifle, even with a sling, onto a federal wildlife refuge (my lease shares two fences with one), you would most likely have your rifle confiscated and lose your ability to hunt for several years.

go troll somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you carry your rifle, even with a sling, onto a federal wildlife refuge (my lease shares two fences with one), you would most likely have your rifle confiscated and lose your ability to hunt for several years.

go troll somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shame

go troll somewhere else.

What an asinine statement. Some people own their own land...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Did they give an estimated release date?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did they give an estimated release date?
View Quote

Fourth quarter...

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Dupe thread
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top