Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2014 10:29:54 PM EDT
I'm looking for 458socom anti tilt followers for Pmags can anyone help?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you having trouble with the standard followers?   I've only heard of and used standard mags with a scallop in front of the follower.   PMAGs can only be used with short bullets due to the rib that runs down the center of the mag. Search for the 458 socom forums more info.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no such thing as  458 socom follower. It uses as issued 5.56 mags. Pmags are usually avoided due to the aforementioned rib that prevents longer loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is no such thing as  458 socom follower. It uses as issued 5.56 mags. Pmags are usually avoided due to the aforementioned rib that prevents longer loaded ammo.
View Quote
this

just grind the nub off as the follower doesn't matter

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The only reason I'm asking is, I've seen a few pictures of steel or aluminum mag's that have a large radius on the follower and was wondering it they were available for 20 round pmag's. They may have been custom made from .50 Beowulf followers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll try that when I receive my upper from Rock River.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
People always try to reinvent the wheel.  Some, quite mistakenly, think they get smoother feeding with one of those single shot 'sleds' made by Sinclair or sold by Fulton Armory.  They, in reality, do nothing and are not needed for smooth feeding or functioing.  The only affect they have is a plecebo affect brought on by the buyer's justification of wasted money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The only reason I'm asking is, I've seen a few pictures of steel or aluminum mag's that have a large radius on the follower and was wondering it they were available for 20 round pmag's. They may have been custom made from .50 Beowulf followers.
View Quote
50bw and bm450

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not concerned about feed reliability as much as squeezing in that one extra round, 8 rounds in the 20 round mag. Can only fit 7 now I live in the Great soloist state of Maryland. Mag capacities are limited to 10 rounds now!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not concerned about feed reliability as much as squeezing in that one extra round, 8 rounds in the 20 round mag. Can only fit 7 now I live in the Great soloist state of Maryland. Mag capacities are limited to 10 rounds now!!!!!!!
View Quote

Possession of normal capacity mags is still perfectly legal.  Head to PA or VA and pick up as many as you want.  And I don't see how you could get 8 rounds in a 20, even with a flat follower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple of years ago or so  PRI had a close-out on .499 Leitner-Wise magazines.

I bought a few and still have not shot my .458 Socom. (Almost dying twice really get you behind on projects... go figure!)

I am hoping they work or can be modified to work!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]
IMO if you squeeze 8 rounds in a 20 round mag you are going to over compress the spring and shorten its life.  Honestly though, I don't think you can even with a sled type follower, in fact, I know you can't, I just tried.  You cannot put eight pounds of poop in a 7 pound bag.
If you want 8-10 rounds in a magazine, get a 5.56 thirty then limit it by one to three rounds and that will give you a legal 8-10 round magazine in the .458 SOCOM.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top