Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:18:48 AM EDT
Could anyone tell me the differences (if there are any)  in the Gen 2 PMAG and the Gen 3 PMAG?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I've read online. There's a small "offset" on the Gen3 Pmags that keeps the magazine from going into the magazine well too far in. You can see it on pictures on the back side (the side the shooter sees when the magazine is in). Also the Gen3 follower and bottom plate are different from the Gen2 and one won't fit the other. This is what I've read somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
What Katy said, plus; Different (stronger) plastic formula.  Different mag angle to fit into some HK's, SCARs, bullpups, etc.  Different area at teh rear of teh feedlips to operate in said rifles.  Has little dots for markinkg mags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
these are 20 rounder but i would assume that the 30rds are the same as well. 20 rounders are slightly curved in the lower half. the plastic also has a slightly rougher texture to it than the gen 2
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
{snip} but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine pouches.

I was wondering if they were slimmer. it even drops free out of one of my tighter magwells
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
these are 20 rounder but i would assume that the 30rds are the same as well. 20 rounders are slightly curved in the lower half. the plastic also has a slightly rougher texture to it than the gen 2
http://i47.tinypic.com/2w4i9g5.jpg

That is a generation 1 and 3 mag.  Not a generations 2. (there is no generation 2 20 rounders).
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top