Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:38:35 AM EDT
Has anyone actually experienced feed lip spreading on Pmags when stored loaded w/o the dust cover installed?  I ask this because I just got some MOEs in and they come without the dust cover.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone actually experienced feed lip spreading on Pmags when stored loaded w/o the dust cover installed?  I ask this because I just got some MOEs in and they come without the dust cover.

Magpul themselves have stated that the dust covers are purely optional and not necessary to avoid feed lip issues.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I think there was a pic of a pmag feed lip failure. But then again there was a huge crack next to the feed lip.

The dust cover helps keep the pmag derbis free when used. There should not be any force on the pmag feed lips when being in used with the dust cover.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're worried then grab some dust covers or just use a mag with metal feed lips aka any standard ar15 magazine or the lancer L5.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A little while back  spoke with an individual from Magpul and they stated that just for the heck of it they threw a fully loaded PMAG (Gen1) with NO dust cover up on the roof of one of their production facilities in the hot American southwest sun. It sat up there for a few years and experienced no fading, no polymer degradation and no feed lip spreading. Love those PMAGS.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little while back  spoke with an individual from Magpul and they stated that just for the heck of it they threw a fully loaded PMAG (Gen1) with NO dust cover up on the roof of one of their production facilities in the hot American southwest sun. It sat up there for a few years and experienced no fading, no polymer degradation and no feed lip spreading. Love those PMAGS.

Magpul is CO....  the Drake said he has had a pmag loaded sitting on his desk for a few years with no lip spreading

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top