Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 5:02:50 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I just picked up a couple of Tapco 30 round Intrafuse polymer mags. They say "MAG0930" on the packaging.

I know Tapco is a recognized brand but have no experience with this mag. It looks and feels very nice.

Anybody have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up 10 of them in the panic, seem pretty nice however I would have liked to have gotten p-mags.

Haven't used them yet so I can't tell you how well they worked but from what I see they will be just fine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one,  Works fine but more expensive than every other mag then Lancer.  Not really worth the price IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have one,  Works fine but more expensive than every other mag then Lancer.  Not really worth the price IMHO.

On the contrary, they are fine range mags and will work for years. I have used their stuff and was an initial user when they first came out. I even wrote a review. They fit, they function, and that is pretty much all you need, ain't it? I wouldn't be going into combat with one unless I had no alternative, but then that's what we have GI mags for.

I have a bin with about 120 NIW aluminum mags that I have had since 2004. They will not be used, O'jallah. Perhaps I will be buried with them. I have about 7 or 8 whored out range mags that see all manner of abuse, and among them are several TAPCO mags. I train with my training mags, and I hold my "good stuff" in reserve.

TAPCO works. That's all that matters.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the contrary, they are fine range mags and will work for years. I have used their stuff and was an initial user when they first came out. I even wrote a review. They fit, they function, and that is pretty much all you need, ain't it? I wouldn't be going into combat with one unless I had no alternative, but then that's what we have GI mags for.

I have a bin with about 120 NIW aluminum mags that I have had since 2004. They will not be used, O'jallah. Perhaps I will be buried with them. I have about 7 or 8 whored out range mags that see all manner of abuse, and among them are several TAPCO mags. I train with my training mags, and I hold my "good stuff" in reserve.

TAPCO works. That's all that matters.

If you've never used them, how do you know they are the good stuff? The top manufacturers are not guaranteed to be 100% every time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up 5 of these today for $11.99 each.  Woulda have a few more but I shared with another guy at the Academy.  Between the two of us we cleaned them out.  Glad to hear they work well.  I don't give a shit about the name on the side, be it Tapco, PMAG, or other.  If it works I'm happy.  

Figured for 11.99 I can't go wrong.  I also have some other ones but can't have too many 30rd's right now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
They fared pretty much on par with Pmags in one members impromptu test.  I've handled them, I see nothing wrong with them aside from the fact that Tapco isn't popular on these boards.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They fared pretty much on par with Pmags in one members impromptu test.  I've handled them, I see nothing wrong with them aside from the fact that Tapco isn't popular on these boards.

What he said.

I was unaware that Tapco made an AR 15 magazine until I read the unscientific test by a member here.

The Tapco's as far as the test went held up to severe punishment.

Like the pmags there is a tendency for the spine to split. To be fair I believe Magpul has remedied this issue with Gen 3's
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one for my AR that is primarily a range mag. It doesn't seem to drop free as easily as the PMAGs I have. I also have one for my AK that I really do not like compared to surplus eastern european steel mags. The fit in the AK receiver is too tight to easily and quickly swap mags, and it's far bulkier, so it's also a range mag only. They seem well built though and plenty rugged.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have gen 1 and gen 2 beaters I have been testing...they work very well....I have a gen 2 that I throw around the shop everytime I go in there...still use it...its also been run over by my wifes minivan 4 times...they are fine.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top