Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 4:59:41 AM EDT
I tried out 2 new ASC 10 rnd 7.62X39 mags. Both would not hold the bolt open after the last round. I tried other mags and they all hold the bolt open. When I compare the mags with other mags that work I don't see any obvious reason they are not working. I contacted ASC about the mags and am waiting to hear back. Anyone else have this issue? Any easy fixes?
Ken
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had this problem with either my 10 or 30 rounders from ASC.
I would pop the upper off and slowly insert your mag(s) to see if the
follower pushes up the bolt lock. Compare this to your "good" mags.
Look for smoothness and follower spring resistance between the two.

Sometimes crap from the manufacturing process needs to be cleaned
out or those little burrs that someone missed in final assembly.

Let us know what you find.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Very strange. I pushed the bolt lock up with my finger and now both mags are holding the bolt open. It worked before with some old GI mags but not with the new mags. Now they all work?

Thanks, Ken
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I contacted ASC and they responded that were some issues with some of the 10 rnd 7.62X39 mags, specifically the followers. They modified the follower and are sending me 2 replacement followers. They responded quickly and offered the followers right away. Great customer service.
Ken
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top