Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2012 8:39:44 PM EDT

I just bought a DPMS LR-308 4 round mag for my LMT MWS and the mag won't lock in. When I remove the upper and try it locks in just fine. I tried with a round in the mag and its the same story. Any ideas what the problem could be?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I had multiple issues with stock mags and the brand you mentioned ( I tried 1 )
Buy PMAGs
I bought 2 20 round , worked perfect

You may be getting small capactiy for a reason ( hunting ) if that's the case , I would try a factory DPMS 5 round

Good luck , love my 308 .  I call her Bertha 'cause she is a big , heavy b!t$ch
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for pmags.   You can also "chop" pmags to make them have lower capacity

Brian
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
This was a factory DPMS mag from brownells.  I need the low capacity for hunting laws.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This was a factory DPMS mag from brownells.  I need the low capacity for hunting laws.

Get a chopped Pmag or do it yourself.

My chopped Pmag works well.  The DPMS never worked well at all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
chopping a Pmag is pretty ease and just glue to bottoms back on..

I admit though I tried to make a two 5 rounds and a 10 round - BUT I ended up with a 4, 5 and a 9

oh well, at least they are legal   lol

the 5 rds hardly stick out the magwell

Links

calguns link

ar15.com link
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
So far I have shot about 200 rounds thru the 3 different Pmags and have not had a single issue

Brian
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC the factorys way of limiting rounds is with an unreally strong spring.

I use reagular 10 rounders, and I just fit a block of plastic inside the mag spring, to limit capacity to "X rounds", where "X rounds" is "wanted Capacity" [violet]and [/violet] bolt depression necessary for the mag to function.

In Case of need, I remove the synthetic block, and VOILA! I´ve got a 10 rounder with hardly strained mag spring!

Hermann
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top