Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:06:26 AM EDT
Buddy of mine called me and told me he found a bunch of brownells 30rnd mags with orange followers for sale.  I've only heard of brownells mags with green followers.  Did they make some with orange followers?  If so, are they as dependable as the green followers?  
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
New GI issue tan follower thats anti tilt. Some people call it orange. Most people seem to think that theones we see are stolen government property.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So, if I buy some of these, there is a chance that I am buying magazines stolen from the gov?  Would you buy them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, if I buy some of these, there is a chance that I am buying magazines stolen from the gov?  Would you buy them?

Yes theres a chance. Will the .gov come knocking on your door? Very doubtful. I wouldnt buy them because there are better mag options out there. Whats the price?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]
$10.  I don't think this guy has a storefront, so theres probably no tax.  I think I'll just tell him to pass on them.  That's not an outstanding price, is it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$10.  I don't think this guy has a storefront, so theres probably no tax.  I think I'll just tell him to pass on them.  That's not an outstanding price, is it?

Thats no deal. They're on the EE for $8 all the time. Sometimes $6.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]

<Edited........please do not promote companies that have been banned from this site..........dpmmn>

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

<Edited........please do not promote companies that have been banned from this site..........dpmmn>

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IF you ever get the mags.

that sounds like a great deal. What do you mean IF? Do they have a bad rep?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
They had some issues in the past. ...

Brownells AR mags are good to go. Mine are great, use them all the time. I don't know where the issues idea come from, cause I don't remember seeing anyone say bad things around here, and the bad reviews on Brownells look like they were written by people who have never held an AR. One of the 1 star reviews on there came from a guy because, "the dry film finish scratched easily and didn't look good after a few uses." That "guy," and I use the term loosely, obviously has no idea that real mil mags are supposed to be like that. Hard to hate on Brownells for that. Only problem I had with them was the original price was way too high, but they've since come way down. I think they're $10 a pop right now... I'd give it a go OP and pick up a few and try em out... mags are disposable mil property, they're expected to break, get lost, even (if) stolen, unless you had something on the order of a ton of them.. you're not ever going to get called upon and even then... only to find who stole em in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I doubt they are stolen .gov property.  When I was stationed out East in North Carolina I could walk into the clothing store and buy 30 round USGI magazines for 9 bucks a pop all day long still sealed in the package and not pay taxes on those bad boys either.  

In fact that's when I built up most of my stock of magazines.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#13]
While $10 a piece is not a super deal it's not bad IMO.  I would consider $8 a piece (shipped) a good deal.  The only problem is if they are selling for that price in the EE then they will likely go pretty quickly.  

AFAIK the jury is still out on the legality.  The only accredited place I heard they were illegal is from a Brownells rep posting in a thread here.  Normally that would be enough for me but w/ these mags turning up all over the place it raises doubts.  If these mags are being illegally heisted from the govt then there is a serious hole in the supply chain.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
$10 a piece is what I paid for a 10 pack of new USGI mags w/Magpul followers from DSG. It was something like $94 after shipping, which is good considering that used USGI mags are going for $12.95 locally (green followers), in comparison PMAGs are selling for $13.65 new. I saw the price of the Brownells ones online and though they were a little high.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the replies guys.  My buddy talked him down to $7 apiece and bought 10.  I might pick up a couple too.  It turns out they had green followers.  

Quoted:
They had some issues in the past. ...

Brownells AR mags are good to go. Mine are great, use them all the time. I don't know where the issues idea come from, cause I don't remember seeing anyone say bad things around here, and the bad reviews on Brownells look like they were written by people who have never held an AR. One of the 1 star reviews on there came from a guy because, "the dry film finish scratched easily and didn't look good after a few uses." That "guy," and I use the term loosely, obviously has no idea that real mil mags are supposed to be like that. Hard to hate on Brownells for that. Only problem I had with them was the original price was way too high, but they've since come way down. I think they're $10 a pop right now... I'd give it a go OP and pick up a few and try em out... mags are disposable mil property, they're expected to break, get lost, even (if) stolen, unless you had something on the order of a ton of them.. you're not ever going to get called upon and even then... only to find who stole em in the first place.

I typically don't make fun of people for naivete, but that doesn't mean I can't find humor in it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like a good deal
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top