Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2011 8:41:56 AM EDT
Are they going to re-open under a new name ? What happened to them? Anyone ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

8 Page Locked Thread.

C Products Questions, Concerns.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

8 Page Locked Thread.

C Products Questions, Concerns.

Other than that, we're hoping for the best.

Nobody else has reliable 5.45 AR mags, and as far as I know they make many of the 'other' caliber mags as well.

I remember reading that CProd had a significant percentage of the military AR mag market.  I don't know what the actual number is, but if true, that's got to be causing a dust-up amongst the other suppliers grabbing more market share.

Either way, I want Magpul 5.45 AR mags but I'm not holding my breath.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]
They are LCJ Wholesale now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]

I remember reading that CProd had a significant percentage of the military AR mag market.  I don't know what the actual number is, but if true, that's got to be causing a dust-up amongst the other suppliers grabbing more market share.

The actual number is 0. They had no military contracts for magazines.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Summary.

Made legal agreement with coating company that they would soley use them

Tried new coating method, coating company produced crap products and couldn't do it right

Cprodcuts went to different company, got sued by existing coating company

Went out of business.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually... not. LCJ is a wholesaler, not a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually... not. LCJ is a wholesaler, not a manufacturer.

Actually, yes. When they lost the suit with their coater they had to dissolve C-Products in order is dissolve the contract with the coater. The coater then acted on the judgment of the court and acquired at least a couple of their welding machines. Chad and Larry are rebuilding their company as LCJ Wholesale.
link to the story from chad and larry
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually - not. Larry has nothing to do with LCJ, and LCJ has nothing to do with manufacturing.

First off, the L in LCJ stands for Lawrence, my brother, known as LJ to those who have delt with him in the past, not Larry Sr. As for taking peoples money, your confusing LCJ and C Products.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually - not. Larry has nothing to do with LCJ, and LCJ has nothing to do with manufacturing.

First off, the L in LCJ stands for Lawrence, my brother, known as LJ to those who have delt with him in the past, not Larry Sr. As for taking peoples money, your confusing LCJ and C Products.

it stll troubles me on this quote,(as for taking peoples money,your confusing lcj,and c products.).does this mean that c prod,did take peoples money?  inspite of all the confusion ,I just bought a few cp 20rd for a good price.   I don't know if their going to be able to wash off all the stink thats been spread around,lawrence,chad,jennifer(lcj) have a lot of work ahead.regaining loyalty,and trust.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of what has been said here is true. Larry does not own LCJ, he only consults being he is my father. Did C Products take peoples money? Yes they did, or I guess I should say yes Barry Bergen, one of the CP owners did. I don't think any individual people who ordered off CP's web got burned, maybe a few that ordered SCAR Heavy mags did. Some people from the 6.8 forum group by got refunds instead of what they ordered. Some international companies as well as some CP suppliers got burned. Barry Bergen also screwed Wideners, a great company, and ruined a relationship that LCJ had with them as we got caught up in the middle trying to help.
As for the reason CP is out of buisness, it goes so deep its like a hollywood story. I promise when everything is all said and done I will do a tell all and explain everything.
As for CP making a comeback, stay tuned!!!!!

Chad
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Does Barry Bergen know Warren Mee?
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does Barry Bergen know Warren Mee?

Barry Bergen is the lowest form of human life. Barry was sued by the coater along with Larry, he now works for the coater. You do the math.

Chad

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#13]
They sucked and then they went out of business.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't know about the "sucked" thing.

I own 24 C-Products mags. I think 20 are stainless steel, the rest aluminum.  Bought them from a variety of sources, including direct from C-Products.  Use them in S&W and DPMS lowers with a variety of uppers chambered in 5.56.  I have had no magazine related failures in either rifle with a variety of ammo-Brown Bear, Silver Bear, M193, M855, some light 40-45 gr stuff(don't remember the brand), and something around 72gr.

I don't know if they are manufacturing again, but on Friday(5/27) I ordered four 40 rounders from LCJ Wholesale.  They arrived today.  Shipped USPS flat rate box.  Four days, Florida to Ohio.  Only had a few minutes at the range, but the one I did test worked just fine.  82 quick rounds in the S&W, no malfunctions.

So I don't know.  Many people post about bad c-Products stuff, but my experience with them couldn't be better.

Disclaimer-I have no interest in the company other than as a satisfied customer.

edit-spelling
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't know about the "sucked" thing.

I own 24 C-Products mags. I think 20 are stainless steel, the rest aluminum.  Bought them from a variety of sources, including direct from C-Products.  Use them in S&W and DPMS lowers with a variety of uppers chambered in 5.56.  I have had no magazine related failures in either rifle with a variety of ammo-Brown Bear, Silver Bear, M193, M855, some light 40-45 gr stuff(don't remember the brand), and something around 72gr.

I don't know if they are manufacturing again, but on Friday(5/27) I ordered four 40 rounders from LCJ Wholesale.  They arrived today.  Shipped USPS flat rate box.  Four days, Florida to Ohio.  Only had a few minutes at the range, but the one I did test worked just fine.  82 quick rounds in the S&W, no malfunctions.

So I don't know.  Many people post about bad c-Products stuff, but my experience with them couldn't be better.

Disclaimer-I have no interest in the company other than as a satisfied customer.

edit-spelling

I've been really interested in buying some to store ammo in and for range use, but the shipping from LCJ has killed me everytime. I saved almost $20 in shipping, on two mags, buying from Rainier.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys please don't turn this into a LCJ Wholesale thread or it will get locked and I will get banned. If anyone has any questions about LCJ including shipping cost concerns feel free to email me.

[email protected]

Chad
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]
see previous threads
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top