Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2011 9:15:55 PM EDT
I have heard both ways and was just wondering if I could get a clarification from everyones experience.  The main thing I have heard from a   friend is that a standard 223/5.56 will hold 25 6.8SPC.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can get four rounds in a 5.56 mag.
never tried shooting it that way though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#3]
25 rounds? No. No where close.

I can load 6 or 7, can't remember which right now, in a USGI 20 round mag. They load easily and shoot just fine. This is what I use when sighting in from a bench. I can load only about 2 more rounds into a USGI 30 round magazine. There is simply no way to load more than these amounts. But either size USGI mag, in good condition, will shoot the 6.8 just fine, just at a very much reduced capacity.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
6.8 mags are made of stainless steel. It has the rigidity that aluminum lacks. Aluminum mags bulge when loaded with 6.8 rounds. The grooves molded into the sides of the mag are different too. The feed lips are spaced and shaped differently.

Other than that they are the same.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top