Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 5:19:45 PM EDT
I have some and love them. I was wondering if anybody had actually worn them out yet? is it even possible? I have GI mags that I keep around simply because I cant bare to throw away mags. the feed lips break down, the floor plates start shifting when loaded etc etc. will this eventually happen with Pmags?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Life cycle?  Concept > design > prototype > production > sale > use > abuse > discard?

Life span?  I have no idea and neither does anyone here.  They haven't been around long enough to know for sure.  I bet everyone is hoping for 10-20 plus years of use.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a thread around here somewhere from a Team member in country with a very high five-figure round count through one Pmag. It might even be up to six figures(100,000) by now!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I think even if you did wear one out completely, magpul would prolly replace it ;)
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What if most of them just sit in my safe, unloaded, waiting for Armaggedon?  Gotta last a while, I'd think.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What if most of them just sit in my safe, unloaded, waiting for Armaggedon?  Gotta last a while, I'd think.

They're not going to do you much good unloaded
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Official round count count life of a PMag is 60,000 rounds but that is just a guideline. Many PMags have have exceeded that number by a wide margin and a few have been reported at more than double that amount.

That said all magazines are semi disposable and should be treated as such. As Pat Rogers says, "Don't fall in love with your magazines"

I am thankful that Magpul takes the time to answer legitimate questions on this forum.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's a joke right?  They'd last for damned near ever in those conditions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah it would take the plastic a long time to degrade, especially in a climate-controlled environment.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
didnt haley have one that has like 90,000 rds through it?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top