Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2010 11:26:37 AM EDT
Been awhile since I've bought mags, over a year, and I want to make sure I have current info before I buy.

Aluminum is the standard, steel is more stronger but heavier. Whats up with the C-Products 400 series mags? Weight is only 2oz more. Are they gtg and is anyone else making something like that.

Green followers are what you want at the very least but whatever Magpul is currently doing is better. Gen 3 is the most current. Whats up with the colors? Are the Gen-3 followers orange, grey, both, or what? Or should I skip looking at the color and just read the description. Are "Magpul Enhanced Followers" gen 2 or gen 3?

Chrome silicon springs look to be better than mil-spec stainless steel and, as near as I can tell, are the same price.

So what else do I need to know? What makers are currently good and what ones are bad? Not comparing the PMAGS right now as they are what they are and you either but them or you don't. But I can't tell what type of spring they use so if anyone has that info, that would be cool.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Too many questions just buy some Pmags.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
1st Answer nails it every time!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been awhile since I've bought mags, over a year, and I want to make sure I have current info before I buy.

Aluminum is the standard, steel is more stronger but heavier. Whats up with the C-Products 400 series mags? Weight is only 2oz more. Are they gtg and is anyone else making something like that.

Most replies here are positive

Green followers are what you want at the very least but whatever Magpul is currently doing is better. Gen 3 is the most current. Whats up with the colors? Are the Gen-3 followers orange, grey, both, or what? Or should I skip looking at the color and just read the description. Are "Magpul Enhanced Followers" gen 2 or gen 3?

I believe they're currently grey or foliage. Gen 3 have been out for quite a while and reputable retailers (DSG, Bravo, Brownells, 44mag, etc) will have the new ones.

Chrome silicon springs look to be better than mil-spec stainless steel and, as near as I can tell, are the same price.

So what else do I need to know? What makers are currently good and what ones are bad? Not comparing the PMAGS right now as they are what they are and you either but them or you don't. But I can't tell what type of spring they use so if anyone has that info, that would be cool.

Pmags have stainless springs.
http://store.magpul.com/downloads/PMAG%20-%20Product%20Guide%20090430_BETA.pdf
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
So it seems that Brownells mags are the hot ones. Why? Even the ones with a SS spring sell faster that the D&H Industries ones that have a SS spring. I'm assuming that the D&H mags have SS springs as they don't say one way or the other and I would think that if they had a CS spring they would say so....

Who else besides Brownell has CS springs?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay/Colt/NHMTG/Parsons/Adventureline/Labelle and install Magpul followers- get the best IMHO.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top