Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2009 10:24:53 AM EDT
Do you load 28 or 30 rounds in your magazines?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The previous 2 threads on this page weren't what you were looking for? One even has a poll....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The previous 2 threads on this page weren't what you were looking for? One even has a poll....

I am vision impaired. Sorry for wasting your time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a 30 round magazine, thus I load 30 rounds. This is not difficult.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This......

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For range use 30.

For fighting, 28.  Tactical reloads, or speed reloads on a closed bolt are no fun and too slow with 30rds in the mag

HUGE +1

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For range use 30.

For fighting, 28.  Tactical reloads, or speed reloads on a closed bolt are no fun and too slow with 30rds in the mag

Not if you are using PMAGS, they load easily with 30rds on a closed bolt.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For range use 30.

Olycar15

Ummm, you are completely missing the point. Paul probably has more experience than you do in this matter so to contradict him on this shows you haven't been to much. He is not discussing if it will hold 30 or not. It matters not if the PMag will physically hold 30 rounds. That is not the point. The point is that for a situation where you will be using the firearm to fight, to keep your magazines loaded to 28 rounds. The loss of two rounds is not as important as making the magazine 100% able to seat on a closed bolt. Murphy happens, and it is a time and tested procedure to ensure you will not have a problem seating under that circumstance.

It's like taping grenade pins- Sometimes you just do things because it's the safer way.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For range use 30.

Olycar15

Ummm, you are completely missing the point. Paul probably has more experience than you do in this matter so to contradict him on this shows you haven't been to much. He is not discussing if it will hold 30 or not. It matters not if the PMag will physically hold 30 rounds. That is not the point. The point is that for a situation where you will be using the firearm to fight, to keep your magazines loaded to 28 rounds. The loss of two rounds is not as important as making the magazine 100% able to seat on a closed bolt. Murphy happens, and it is a time and tested procedure to ensure you will not have a problem seating under that circumstance.

It's like taping grenade pins- Sometimes you just do things because it's the safer way.

My point is there is no need to remove rounds from a mag when you don't need to. You are missing my point i think.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My point is there is no need to remove rounds from a mag when you don't need to. You are missing my point i think.

Olycar15

You proved my suspicion. You do not use one of these professionally. Load yours up to 30 on the range. Those that do carry these for their employment are exposed to reasons why they should download them 2 rounds. So yes, there is a need, one which you would find out if you did more with the weapon than the range.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

You proved my suspicion. You do not use one of these professionally. Load yours up to 30 on the range. Those that do carry these for their employment are exposed to reasons why they should download them 2 rounds. So yes, there is a need, one which you would find out if you did more with the weapon than the range.

You are entitled to your opinion, most of the people in this thread/poll seem to agree with me. We must all be range commandos.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

You are entitled to your opinion, most of the people in this thread/poll seem to agree with me. We must all be range commandos.

Olycar15

Have you ever done a tactical reload under stress, or have stress induced on you?

Does it matter what people use?  Which ever way works for people.  I am in the 28rd mindset.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

Olycar15

Have you ever done a tactical reload under stress, or have stress induced on you?

Does it matter what people use?  Which ever way works for people.  I am in the 28rd mindset.

Exactly....use what you want to use, I am a person who keeps pretty calm in stressful situations.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

Olycar15

Yup, it's my opinion, based on education. Kinda funny how as soon as people that come up with strong reasons and stances for why 28 rounds is the best way to go, a new thread pops up...this is the 3rd one this week.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#17]
28 rounds and I like M4 feedramps. Opps, M4 ramps is Thursday's subject matter.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

Olycar15

Exactly....use what you want to use, I am a person who keeps pretty calm in stressful situations.

Olycar15

You missed my point.  Have you ever taken any carbine/pistol classes?  The instructors introduce stress when you are reloading by shouting or shaking you.  If you have gear that is not 100% then you will have difficulty  preforming tasks, while under stress.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

Olycar15

Olycar15

You missed my point. Have you ever taken any carbine/pistol classes?  The instructors introduce stress when you are reloading by shouting or shaking you.  If you have gear that is not 100% then you will have difficulty  preforming tasks, while under stress.

Yes,yes I have.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

Olycar15

Yup, it's my opinion, based on education. Kinda funny how as soon as people that come up with strong reasons and stances for why 28 rounds is the best way to go, a new thread pops up...this is the 3rd one this week.

I think that the point is do what is most comfortable for you. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, that is why I don't harp on the people who do it different than me. With GI mags I can see the point of doing 28rds but in PMAGS it is easy to load 30 and feel confident that there aren't going to be any hang ups during stress. To eash his own.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

Olycar15

Olycar15

You missed my point. Have you ever taken any carbine/pistol classes?  The instructors introduce stress when you are reloading by shouting or shaking you.  If you have gear that is not 100% then you will have difficulty  preforming tasks, while under stress.

Yes,yes I have.

Olycar15

Have you ever had to point an AR-15 at someone who was debating whether they could "take you out" before you could end the situation? THAT is STRESS! A match or a carbine class will place stress on a shooter, but NOTHING like a possible life and death scenario. I load 28 rounds in my magazines no matter WHO makes them, and that includes P-Mags! It is easier to insert a magazine that is slightly downloaded than one at capacity. PLUS, if I haven't ended the situation with 28 Rounds what are the odds that two more will make a difference?

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Have you ever had to point an AR-15 at someone who was debating whether they could "take you out" before you could end the situation? THAT is STRESS! A match or a carbine class will place stress on a shooter, but NOTHING like a possible life and death scenario. I load 28 rounds in my magazines no matter WHO makes them, and that includes P-Mags! It is easier to insert a magazine that is slightly downloaded than one at capacity. PLUS, if I haven't ended the situation with 28 Rounds what are the odds that two more will make a difference?PursuitSS[/quote]

Ah ,my personal troll has made his appearance. What took you so long?

Load your 28rds and enjoy! After all it is your choice.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#25]
dupe thread
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top