Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:03:46 AM EDT
I ordered some Labelle Mags back in 2006. They have been in the box on a shelf since then. I opened them Monday and inserted each one of them in my Bushmaster rifles. None of them would catch on the magazine release and they would just fall out. What is the easiest way to repair these so they will catch on the magazine release and stay inside the magwell?

Should I use a dremel and make the hole larger?

Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
put dremel down

check for burrs

tighten mag catch

try again
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I am stumped. The mag catch is fine. My Center, NHMTG and C Product mags all work fine in all of my rifles. It is just these Labelles.

AccurateOne
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
have you measured the mag yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure they ar Labelles? There were the black steel English mags that it was not uncommon to have to file the catch hole a little to get them to lock in.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top