Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:06:00 AM EDT
Do LMT rifles accept/work with PMAGs??? cause I sold a bushy I had, which i regret doing, and have about 30 or so pmags laying around, and im looking at getting a LMT soon. Ive heard that it will not drop free, and ive heard from others it just won't fit in the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]
PMags work fine with my LMT lower.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
the one i was looking at is the LMT 16 Standard Service
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Defender2000 lower that works perfectly with PMAGs, both the older style as well as M-Rev.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is true that we have had feedback that the LMT lowers are a bit tight.  We have comunicated our experiences with LMT about this.  That said, my MRP drops PMAG's with no issues.  Best of luck.

Maybe on the other hand some P-Mags are a little oversize.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Send your PMAGs to me, I will trade ya!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I use PMags exclusively in my LMT rifle. No issues.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Not one problem with my LMT
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had no issues in my LMT lower with PMAG 20's and older 30's.  I haven't tried the newest Maglevel or M revision yet but expect them to work fine as well.  I wouldn't worry about it especially if you are going to buy a new lower.

Update:  I checked my new Maglevel, M Revision and straight 20's in my LMT lower.  All dropped free without hesitation.  Some were "snugger" than others in the magwell but no problems dropping free.  I guess this is a hit or miss issue.

I really like the quality of my LMT lower.  Fit, finish and parts are excellent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
So far, my LMT CQB16 that I rec'd 12/08 has yet to fail me with any mag, ammo or accessory I've used.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Only P-mag I have is a bit tight. It will drop about an inch when empty but needs a pull to come out completly.
100% reliable!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 2 LMT lowers.  Both will not drop a PMAG.  Due to my bad experience with LMT's crappy QC on both my lowers
and my LMT upper and the incredibly bad customer support I'd recommend you buy a Colt or other quality brand.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

... Due to my bad experience with LMT's crappy QC on both my lowers and my LMT upper and the incredibly bad customer support I'd recommend you buy a Colt or other quality brand...

Ouch.  

Any details?  What you're reporting is 180 degrees from personal experience...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have 2 LMT lowers.  Both will not drop a PMAG.  Due to my bad experience with LMT's crappy QC on both my lowers
and my LMT upper and the incredibly bad customer support I'd recommend you buy a Colt or other quality brand.  

Seems you are just blaming this problem on AR Mfg.s where the real blame lies with the Mag. Mfg. how many AR lowers can be wrong?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems you are just blaming this problem on AR Mfg.s where the real blame lies with the Mag. Mfg. how many AR lowers can be wrong?

Still Magpul bashing? Did they not send you a hat or something?

The blame for out-of-spec lowers is the companies making out-of-spec lowers.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
... Due to my bad experience with LMT's crappy QC on both my lowers and my LMT upper and the incredibly bad customer support I'd recommend you buy a Colt or other quality brand...

Ouch.  

Any details?  What you're reporting is 180 degrees from personal experience...

My Experience

Someone elses experience  This one is from another guy.  Way worse than mine.  Feel bad for that guy.

I can say I'll never buy another LMT product after my experience.

ETA: links hot.  I think.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have 1 PMAG.  I like the old USGI mags just fine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#19]
My LMT lower is slightly tighter than my two Colts, I had a couple of old PMAGs that won't drop free at first with my LMT, but after some use they're now all dropping free.

My new M rev PMAGs don't have any problems with my LMT.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top