Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2009 2:26:20 PM EDT
Purchased two magazines from Palmetto State back in May and have been using them as range magazines for the past few months, figure a few hundred rounds through each one. Important note: this problem has occurred with good quality brass cased ammo as well (S&B M193).

Upper is a BCM 16" with the BCM BCG, has about 500 rounds through it. Lower is a Sabre Defense, CAR Buffer.

Here's what's happening:

I fire a few shots and then before the end of the magazine I get a stoppage like this

It doesn't matter which side of the magazine the round is feeding, it'll jam up on either side.

It looks like the rounds are not getting to the correct feeding geometry and are getting dinged by the bolt carrier.

It almost looks like the feed lips are too far apart on one of the magazines but I don't have any precise way to measure.

I have tried five other magazine in this rifle and have not had any issues, because of this I suspect the magazines are to blame. Any fixes or do I have to send them back?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=176058
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up, will be in contact for replacements.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I should say; "excessive" follower tilt?

The cartridges in the picture are in place as they where when I removed the magazine from the rifle to clear the jam. I pushed them all back into proper seating alignment and then resumed firing to have the same FTF occur a few rounds later.

I don't have another complete rifle to test them in but I did use the upper on a different lower (Double Star w/A2 stock and rifle buffer) and had the same problem. I also tried some Pmag 30s, some D&H Aluminum 30s, a Colt 20 rounder and some SA80 steel type magazines and none exhibited any problems. I think I've done a good bit of sleuthing and feel it's the magazines, I'm sending you an email to see where we go from here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You run your AR a little "wet" don't you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Was thinking the same thing.  Damn...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wetter ARs run better, what's the problem?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wetter ARs run better, what's the problem?

Not really... inviting problems actually...
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top