Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:38:30 AM EDT
It's raining and I'm bored,  I need a project.  I'm heading to a class in a month and need to mark 30 or so Pmags.  I did a search but found few pictures and most of the threads are so old the links are dead.  Time consuming and fancy markings are good.  I got a lot of time to kill.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Get colorful electrical tape, wrap it around the base of the mag.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Get colorful electrical tape, wrap it around the base of the mag.

This, or two bands of painters tape 1/2" apart and spray paint a colored band on them.

ETA- Paint is permanent, at least the tape you can take off if you want to make them stock again.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking for something more permanent. I want numbers to track mags as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are mine. Not fancy or time consuming but they make it easy to identify which mags are mine at the range when everyone has the same mags.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking for something more permanent. I want numbers to track mags as well.

Get a stencil kit.
Spray paint numbers onto your mags, or use a alphanumeric system.
A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, ect.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I use colored electrical tape to differentiate mag use and ammo type:

I use the tape in conjunction with a Industrial Sharpie (more permanent than a regular Sharpie) for numbering and datecoding
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Is that a pelican case?  Which one?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that a pelican case?  Which one?

Yes, it's an 1150

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the best pic I have right now. I use the same paint pen that I mark the buis, screws and optic mounting points on my rifle. I write my initials and a number on my mags as apposed to just a number.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking of doing something similar as well. I've also seen crazy stuff like skulls or stars. And while that seems odd, they are easy to distinguish from the pack.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top