Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2009 2:28:15 PM EDT
I bought 2 (was given an additional mag as well) of these magazines back in April.

I experienced many issues, and the magazines were generally unreliable. The issues went away with a different follower and spring.

I ran into Dave from MSAR at the NRA show and he gave me 4 more: 3 translucent "amber" and 1 opaque OD green.

A quick test of the follower shows that the amber magazines, marked 04/09, had the same issues that the earlier 03/09 production mags did. Range tests confirmed this as well.

The OD green magazine, however, marked 05/09, worked fine, with the follower and spring it was supplied with as well as the follower and spring from the 03/09 and 04/09 mags. Apparently a change has been made to the mag body...or perhaps the opaque polymer has more inherent lubricity.

It did not, however, drop free from any of the receivers I tested it in (Colt, Sun Devil, POF, Stag, RRA). None of the mags performed very well when placed in pairs in standard M4 magazine pouches - either they wouldn't fit, or they both wanted to come out at the same time, or they didn't want to come out at all. I think this magazine would benefit from a pouch with separate compartments for 2 magazines.

From left to right - 05/09, 04/09, 03/09

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Good info. Would really like to see them make these mags work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The opaque/OD Green one works great...I don't consider the mag body to be super durable, but I don't want to break the only one I have trying to find its limits.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top