Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2009 1:30:26 PM EDT

I curious why is everyone jumping on C product mags, when the DH mags are only 1-2 dollars more. 10-vs 12 ? I thought DH was the current Military Mfc. ?

I have several old military c product mags,. I like those not so much the current ones. I also have the DH. To me they seem a higher quality. Hell, this is the place to ask.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand CProducts are fine mags, everyone here seems to like them. I have ordered several DH mags from 44Mag and couldn't be happier, I dropped MagPul Gen3 followers in a bunch of black DH mags and use them as my duty magazines. At this point it seems that it's all personal preference, any top tier manufacturer (DH, Okay, PMag,CProducts, etc) will keep your weapon in tip top shape. My personal preference is DH, I love 'm, especially the Teflon w/the new teflon MagPul followers.

I'm sure CProducts are fine and I've heard great things about Larry. Hard to beat two of our best site sponsors benefiting at the same time, 44Mag's been great to me.

Buy 'm up guys and support our sponsors.

Regards,

LABlackRifle
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just for the record, I have no clue what AR mags are selling for these day.

But look at it like this, buy 5 get one free if there is a $2.00 + difference

In the long run, you will get more for your money, make sense?

Also, CProducts magazines come stock with a no-tilt follower... so you don't have to pay extra if you want to upgrade.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It sometimes only takes one bad mag to loose all your cost savings. Have to find what is the balance and make the best decision for yourself of what meets your needs. This includes price point and quality.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not so poor that 5-6 dollars per mag extra, is going to break me. I want what works the best. I have DH, with the Magpul followers. I also have those same followers in all of my Military surplus mags. I asked the question here, because I figured I'd get an honest answer. I want quality, I can afford the quantity If I like.

I also have P-Mags. Just looking for more aluminum mags. I would probably like current military issue mags, if I knew who made them. I would change out the followers, as I like the Magpull ones.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I recently picked up some DSG/DandH magazines with the Magpul followers.  They seem to be GTG.   I also have the PMAGs.  Between the two I would lean toward the PMAGs, just because they don't rattle when emtpy like the aluminum ones.  Haven't tried the C product ones though.  Don't see a reason to try them.  As far as the price being a big deal to some, your looking at a couple dollars difference.  It's not like the price difference between different brands of AR15s.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I curious why is everyone jumping on C product mags, when the DH mags are only 1-2 dollars more. 10-vs 12 ? I thought DH was the current Military Mfc. ?
I have several old military c product mags,. I like those not so much the current ones. I also have the DH. To me they seem a higher quality. Hell, this is the place to ask.

I bought a bunch of Cprods during the shortage because that was all that was available. If I were stocking up now, I would pay the extra $2.00 and get the D&H.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]
the Cprod are cheaper... and you are not taking any risk... If one is screwed up... Larry will replace it. I have done this 2 times... and both times Larry was an absolute prince of a guy. Buy in bulk with confidence from this great site sponsor.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it is personal preference.  I went with DSG DH mags with magpuls because they were 10 bucks a pop and free shipping at the time.  They have been great and 10 bucks with magpuls is hard to beat.  They are a little more now but we are still talking 11 or 12 buck here.  So far I have used Colts and adventure line mostly.  But the DSG DH's are my new favorite.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the Cprod are cheaper... and you are not taking any risk... If one is screwed up... Larry will replace it. I have done this 2 times... and both times Larry was an absolute prince of a guy. Buy in bulk with confidence from this great site sponsor.

10.00+7.49 shipping=17.49

5.49 more than the D&H
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

5.49 more than the D&H

Left out the cost of gas and how much you value your time that has been wasted.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Before you bank too heavily on the warranty replacements, you might want to read a few of the posts in Cproducts Industry section.Buy D&H and you will not need the warranty and avoid the hassles.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

5.49 more than the D&H

Yeah, but don't they usually throw in an extra magazine for your trouble?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5.49 more than the D&H

Yeah, but don't they usually throw in an extra magazine for your trouble?

No.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#15]
FYI, neither C-Products or D-H are suppliers to the US Military of "spec" magazines.

Regards,
Hotgun
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FYI, neither C-Products or D-H are suppliers to the US Military of "spec" magazines.

Regards,
Hotgun

Yes, but one has had past contracts and still makes true Mil-Spec mags for both civilian and foreign sale customers.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I keep hearing that D&H has the Israeli military contract to make those Teflon mags.  Anyone know for real?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think this is the problem, ^^^

Their CS is the best, but why should you have to use it twice for mags? Out of few thousand, okay but I'm betting you didn't order that many.

I will buy DH 556 mags all day over CP no matter the cost, Reason: Ive had too many problems with their 556 mags, They replaced them every time, but after paying shipping for the 3rd time, any savings is gone

I have had excellent results with the 5.45 mags, 9mm mags good with tweaking, few problems with the 762 mags, but I expect them with wildcats, not 556 mags
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#19]
DH mags run better in my equipment plus I have the bunus of never having to replace one or email them or drive to the post office of pay for shipping or pay for envelopes or wait for months to get them after I order. I'll pay the extra money to get quality.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]
This will not end well...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Like some of the previous posters, I bought a gob of C products mags directly from C products when they became available. They work great from what little I use them in a pre ban PWA commando. And kudos to 44 mag too, have bought  M1A mags from them. Both offer great service, prompt shipping, and reasonable price. It is my understanding that Larry from C products is also a Vietnam veteran, a group of people who never got the respect they deserve. I suppose that affected my decision too.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Have only two Cproducts/Bushmaster mags and just got 3 D&H, Love the finish on the D&H glad to hear the positive feed back on them as I had no experience with them was a EE purchase.  I was a big 20 round mag guy.  But now an trying to gather whatever I can afford.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top