Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:15:56 PM EDT
Do standard USGI springs and followers fit C Products Stainless 30 Round Mags?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In a word, no.

Cproducts SS mags only use CP followers due to the width of the mag.

There are many threads about this. Look in the CProducts industry forum.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In a word, no.

Cproducts SS mags only use CP followers due to the width of the mag.

There are many threads about this. Look in the CProducts industry forum.

This.

The SS material used is thinner than Al. A magpul follower probably would work ok, but there will be extra play around the follower.

ETA: Springs are the same.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  That pretty well covers it.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Look in the CProducts industry forum.

I wish I hadn't.  I was having a good day............

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Springs are interchangeable.

The followers will fit in, and sort of work, although it is not recommended. They are more likely to cause double feeds on the last round due to being slightly undersized.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Springs are interchangeable.

The followers will fit in, and sort of work, although it is not recommended. They are more likely to cause double feeds on the last round due to being slightly undersized.

Swell, so now I'm stuck with a single (currently funky) source for followers!  

I'm a little worried since I had one fall apart on first use.

I guess I'll start investigating home aluminum casting.........

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
What exactlly "fell apart"?

I have had good luck with all of my SS 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought this problem was already taken care of

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=430955&page=3#bottom

"That" problem is hopefully going to be taken care of.  I'll find out when the replacements arrive.  I hadn't realized until I started looking into things in a bit more depth that the 30 round SS mags MUST use a proprietary follower design.  Just makes me nervous being at the mercy of one small business entity which theoretically could be gone tomorrow.  Especially when "tomorrow" we may not be able to purchase 30 round mags.

I was put in a position once where a fire wiped out a supplier of product to my business.  I had to to scramble to pick up the pieces.  One time I turned down a software vendor when it turned out that the two principal software engineers frequently traveled together.  One drunk driver or plane crash and you're completely screwed.

I just didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to drop in a standard follower if I ever needed to.  My problem for not researching carefully enough but at the time there were lots of positive reviews.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What exactlly "fell apart"?

I have had good luck with all of my SS 30 rounders.

A corner broke off a follower when I chambered the second round.  That's the only one that's failed so hopefully it was a fluke.  I just don't like to rely on a single proprietary vendor.  I didn't realize I'd put myself in that position until a few days ago.  I was looking at the SS 30's as a better wearing alternative to aluminum in the event of a ban.  Now I'm looking.....stupid.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
First, how small or how big do you think C Products is that it will be gone tomorrow if a ban should happen or any other reason?

When was the last time you wore out a follower? We have a major manufacturer of rifles who life cycles our magazines periodically and after 50,000 rounds without failure stopped. Nothing happened to the follower or any other part of the magazine. Or is it because you had 1 follower out of the millions we have shipped bad that you are concerned?
I don't think that looking at the stainless steel magazine as a wearing alternative to aluminum is looking stupid. And I think there are a whole lot of people on AR15 that would agree.

Larry

Please do not misunderstand me.
I sincerely hope your business becomes a huge success and a standard of the industry.
I have no idea how small or large you are, nor do I know what contingency plans you have in effect for continuance of the business in the event that you or your partner are unable to run the show.  I honestly hope you make a huge long term success of your business and your career running it.  I am sure that you have a business model in the event of a ban and I'm sure that a ban would not likely put you out of business.  In fact, you appear to have a pretty good product mix in several niche areas.  What remains unpredictable are health, accidents, and legal issues.  

I had a follower break, another person on this board had a follower break.  Several people had problems with undersized followers.  Hopefully these are a very small percentage of sales.  The Internet tends to exaggerate the negative but........I have no way of knowing the numbers.  My experience to date with your products has been very good with the 30 round magazines in both stainless and aluminum but very bad with over an 85% defect rate with the 20 round SS mags and a 50% defect rate with the aluminum 10 round mags.  The customer service issues with lost orders, incorrect product, return shipping costs and misunderstandings were very painful until our conversation last week. That conversation leads me to believe that you genuinely care about rectifying  the issues.The  history doesn't leave me feeling extremely confident but based on our conversation the other day I am hopeful that the problem will be resolved.

Please correct me if you feel I've misinterpreted the situation in any way.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top