Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:54:48 AM EDT
I rec'd one of the 5 mags offered for testing here  by Dameien at Tapco. Got it yesterday along with a Tapco T-shirt(Thanks!) and compared it to a Magpul as that's the gold standard right now. It looks good and the floorplate is easily removeable. The anti-tilt follower works smoothly up and down. It does not have the internal rib to guide the bullet tips like a Magpul. I then proceeded to test the fit in four different lowers. It seated and would drop free from a Tactics LLC and a DPMS. Seated but would not drop free from a Stag or RRA. In all fairness, I should note the Magpul doesn't seat  in my DPMS lower w/o a firm smack. Loaded it w/ 30 rounds of Silver Bear. The spring is fairly stiff.  But, the mag does unload very smoothly unlike USGI aluminum mags. Left the mag loaded overnight. Got up this AM and downloaded to 28 and went to my buddy's farm to try it. Two FTFeed out of the mag. I'll continue to test in the DPMS lower IF BUSHMASTER SENDS ME THE BARRELS I ORDERED IN NOVEMBER. Anyway, thanks Dameien at Tapco.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Why the download to 28 rounds?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top