Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:29:16 AM EDT
I just received my new mags from 44mag a few days ago and I noticed that 2 of the Cproducts SS 20rd mags don't drop free when I hit the release.
After peering at them, they seem to have been assembled slightly differently from the other ones.

I'm very new to ARs, so are my mags supposed to drop when I hit the release or not?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have another USGI mag that drops, then the C Products are out of spec. This is not unusual with C Products as their quality can be spotty. I use one C Products SS 20 in my KAC lower and it drops fine.

BTW, what brand of lower? Some lowers can be tight also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you have another USGI mag that drops, then the C Products are out of spec. This is not unusual with C Products as their quality can be spotty. I use one C Products SS 20 in my KAC lower and it drops fine.

BTW, what brand of lower? Some lowers can be tight also.

Thanks for the info,  It's a RRA lower and all the other mags I have drop with no issues. Though those mags are a mixture of USGI 30 rd mags and Pmags so I wasn't sure. :)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely a bad C Product mag since even PMags drop free.

44Mag.com is usually pretty good on returns.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW....I had the same experience with CP mags...they function fine with no problems but they fit tight in the rifles...I have to work to get them out of the rifles...I also tried to install a SINCLAIR single shot follower in a CP mag and it will go in but it will not stop the bolt after the round is fired. I removed the SINCLAIR follower and put in a surplus USGI 20rnd mag and it functions fine. The CP mags are definately NOT USGI spec...they work but I will not buy anymore
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FWIW....I had the same experience with CP mags...they function fine with no problems but they fit tight in the rifles...I have to work to get them out of the rifles...I also tried to install a SINCLAIR single shot follower in a CP mag and it will go in but it will not stop the bolt after the round is fired. I removed the SINCLAIR follower and put in a surplus USGI 20rnd mag and it functions fine. The CP mags are definately NOT USGI spec...they work but I will not buy anymore

Of course they are not "USGI spec", they are stainless steel construction with dimensions to compensate for that. Regardless, they should still work as advertised.

Hootbro

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Of course they are not "USGI spec", they are stainless steel construction with dimensions to compensate for that. Regardless, they should still work as advertised.

Hootbro

Hootbro is correct on all points. We are correcting the problem with the 20rd magazines.

Just to clarify a USGI magazine is manufactured to the military TDP [technical data package] and the only way you can receive it is to bid on a military contract. It is issued by TACOM. The ONLY USGI manufactured magazine today are: Center Ind, Brownells, and OKay Ind. There are no others being manufactured today. None!

Larry

Since you are mfgr, and this is a tech forum, perhaps some time you can give an exhaustive thread on what goes into making these things.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top