Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 12:33:54 PM EDT
Well I have fallen for the P-Mag rage. Got a bunch of 30 rounders.  Nice mags!

BUT

I would like some metal mags to add to my collection.  I guess I should be looking for USGI mags?  
Don't know much about metal magazines since all I have payed attention to is P-mags.  I have (2) 20 rd mags that came with my colt which are very nice.

Want a few 30rd metal mags.  Please help me out.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
D&H and NHMTG are good, and instock at places like 44mag and BravoCompany.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you want steel or aluminum?

What kind of finish?

What price range are you look at?

How many do you want?

What do you plan to use them for?
The old standby is CProducts... they offer such a huge variety of products at good prices... (I particularly like the black Teflon aluminum)

If you want something unique, like a Cammenga EZ mag, that is also an option.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out C Products
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What kind of finish?

How many do you want?

The old standby is CProducts... they offer such a huge variety of products at good prices... (I particularly like the black Teflon aluminum)

1. Not sure on type of finish and material?  What seems to be popular?

2. I want to be spending less than $20 and hopefully around $15 a mag.

3. I want about 5-6 of them.  I am not a "hoarder" just a "collector" haha.

4. I plan to use them to shoot with :).  Range use, and out on my buddies property shooting targets.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of finish?

How many do you want?

1. Not sure on type of finish and material?  What seems to be popular?

You have the options of steel, or aluminum. Steel is heavier, but it is stronger... but aluminum is plenty strong. For range duty, aluminum is plenty good. As for the finish, the two main options are Teflon or Dry-Moly... Dry-Moly is "mil spec", but in my opinion Teflon is much better. Keeps the finish nicer, longer and is always very "clean" looking.

2. I want to be spending less than $20 and hopefully around $15 a mag.

NHMTG, CProducts, and D&H are in that price range. I would rate them in that order. NHMTG is good quality, at a steep price. CProducts is good quality, at a good price. D&H has been disappointing in my experience, and costs about the same as CProducts. Of these, I would go CProducts.

3. I want about 5-6 of them.  I am not a "hoarder" just a "collector" haha.

K... I would go for the CProducts or NHMTG... NHMTG bodies are nicer, in my experience, but they are all Dry-Moly, with green anti-tilt followers... CProducts bodies are a little rougher, sharper corners, but they offer Dry-Moly, Black Teflon, or Grey Teflon, and they come standard with No-Tilt followers.

4. I plan to use them to shoot with :).  Range use, and out on my buddies property shooting targets.

Yeah, the aluminum USGI is more than enough for this.

In conclusion... Go CProducts.... Low price, and a lot of options to choose from.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In conclusion... Go CProducts.... Low price, and a lot of options to choose from.

I would agree. I have had no issues with my mags from C Products. They function great and are reasonably priced (even if the wait is 1-2 months for delivery, depending on where they are ordered from).
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would agree. I have had no issues with my mags from C Products. They function great and are reasonably priced (even if the wait is 1-2 months for delivery, depending on where they are ordered from).

Don't count out gun shows...

Very shortly after Obama was elected... I could get Gray Teflon 30 round Aluminum magazines w/ Orange no-tilt follower for 15usd at the gun show.

Since then, there are more flavors to choose from (like black Teflon) and the price is 13usd.

The price on the website is 12.50usd... I don't know the shipping situation... but as far as the wait I would gladly pay an extra 0.50usd to have them in-hand, and be able to pick which magazine I want (look for the one with less handling wear, prettier spotwelds, etc.)
You will eventually get them from a direct order... but don't forget about local places, too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't count out gun shows...

Very shortly after Obama was elected... I could get Gray Teflon 30 round Aluminum magazines w/ Orange no-tilt follower for 15usd at the gun show.

Since then, there are more flavors to choose from (like black Teflon) and the price is 13usd.

The price on the website is 12.50usd... I don't know the shipping situation... but as far as the wait I would gladly pay an extra 0.50usd to have them in-hand, and be able to pick which magazine I want (look for the one with less handling wear, prettier spotwelds, etc.)

You will eventually get them from a direct order... but don't forget about local places, too.

They're in stock at 44mag.com, too.

example: http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CP30BCO
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
How much heavier is Stainless vs Aluminum?

If price were no object (which it really isn't since it is only like $1 more) which would you chose?

Just wondering if it would be worth my wild to get the S/S mags so I never have to worry about them getting banged up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Just get the D&H mags and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Brownells magazines.  They work, are available and they have great customer service.  They just landed a huge military contract as well.

Bob

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Cproducts stainless seems to have issues lately.

And a correction, anti-tilt followers are NOT standard in Cproducts magazines anymore.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Anti-tilt followers are, just not Magpul branded ones.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Brownells
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Cproducts stainless seems to have issues lately.

And a correction, anti-tilt followers are NOT standard in Cproducts magazines anymore.

Nope... They still have no-tilt followers. They are just using CProducts followers instead of MagPul followers... they are practically identical.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I like Brownells magazines.  They work, are available and they have great customer service.  They just landed a huge military contract as well.

Bob

They are just ridiculously over-priced....

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 C-Products
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

They are just ridiculously over-priced....

Buy 25 and the price automatically drops to $12.50 ($11 with the "dealer" discount)
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Wakerider - I think alot of people actually prefer the 20 round magazines for range use - especially for bench shooting.
You said you had 2 of them - but you might want a few more

- just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#21]
C-Products are the only metal mags I have experience with, they work good for me
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
C-Products are the only metal mags I have experience with, they work good for me

Buy them from here:

http://www.nathansfirearms.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_24_22
This guy ships practically hours after you order.  Ordered mine on a Friday and got them Monday.

CProducts are great, and $12 aint bad.  D&H are good as well (and a tad cheaper if you can find the right place), but I had one D&H mag that had issues where as none of my CProducts have failed.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wakerider - I think alot of people actually prefer the 20 round magazines for range use - especially for bench shooting.
You said you had 2 of them - but you might want a few more

- just my 2 cents

You are absolutely correct. 30 round mags can be a little cumbersome while shooting from the bench.

I would like to buy (2) 20 round P-mags if I could find them.

Currently I have:
- (5) 30 round P-mags
- (6) 30 round NHMTG mags (Just ordered)
- (2) 20 round Colt mags

Not as big as some members mag collection, but after I get the 20 rounder p-mags I should be set.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I've boUght and used the hell out of 46 D&H teflon coated mags, mostly thirty rnd and have never had a problem or had to return any. They were purchased from many lots from different vendors over a two year period of time. When I feel like a few new mags are in order I go with D&H.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I tell ya my STAG and RRA really don't mind any mag.  Okay, D&H, Labelle, or Cproducts.  Never had a problem with any.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#27]
see last post, dpmmn
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top