Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 1:37:14 PM EDT
What would I do?

I am not doing much but sitting around the house and have started to wonder how much the wonder mags can take.

I think I am going to do my own little torture test and keep going until one breaks.

What would be some good "tests" to run them through. It need not be scientific or practical but it should be a least a little entertaining.

So far I am thinking

crush test
frozen crush test
shooting them with a bow using a soft rubber tip (side impact)
drop tests etc.
?????
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What would I do?

I am not doing much but sitting around the house and have started to wonder how much the wonder mags can take.

I think I am going to do my own little torture test and keep going until one breaks.

What would be some good "tests" to run them through. It need not be scientific or practical but it should be a least a little entertaining.

So far I am thinking

crush test
frozen crush test
shooting them with a bow using a soft rubber tip (side impact)
drop tests etc.
?????

Run them over with a bus.... that does actually break them after a few attempts.

I would avoid killing magazines.... considering you could sell it for twice normal value instead.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd do real world testing, like dropping them out of your hands when you're doing a mag change in 0 deg. weather onto concrete.  You could even throw them about 20 yards to simulate getting them to your bouding buddy who ran dry.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want the real deal proof go to youtube and do a search from chevy vs pmag   they actually start off with like 10 diff mags and the proof is in the puttin. hell they put a bullet through one it cut the spring in 2, they took it apart stretched the longer part of the spring put it back in the mag loaded it and it still functioned flawless.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Fire might be a good test.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I got 10 bucks says if they took that mag apart and stretched the longer portion of the spring out and put it back together it would function with the full 30 rounds.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top