Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 11:59:14 AM EDT
I went to Fort Campbell Boulevard today to get some goodies. I bought a black Magpul windowed PMAG with a date code of October 2008. The thing I noticed that was unusual was the number "2" was below the date code. I have several PMAGs and have never noticed this number before. What does it mean?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That's weird.  I have PMags with a date code of October 2008 but don't have the number 2 below it.  But, I do have PMags with a date code of August 08 and they have the number 2 below it.  The only difference I noticed is that the PMags with 08/08 and the number 2 on it will drop freely in any situation, loaded, unloaded, closed bolt, open bolt.  With the PMags that have a date code of 10/08, they only drop freely with a closed bolt.  Open bolt I have to pull it out.  There is no difference in functionality.  I don't know the real answer to this but this is what I have experienced with that number which I don't even know what its suppose to mean.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has #2 Hell I didn't know they had a date code till I read your post.
I don't look at anything that close. I never was one of those little boys
that took things apart. If it worked. ..good, if not..take it back
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Just what I figured. That damn DrDrake is not going to let us in on his little secret.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
its an expiration date
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it's like Willy Wonka... there's a gold certificate inside that gets you in the MagPul plant, where if you're good (and don't screw with the equipment) you'll end up owning the place!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top