Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 9:24:56 AM EDT

I have a quantity of "Labelle" Magazines that were purchased in 1994 just around or after the AWB bill was passed.

Recently I upgraded the followers of these magazines only to notice that hte floor plates are unusually soft.   So soft that I acidentally ruined one of the floor plates during reassembly.  

They came to me in an unmarked in loose plastic, wrapped individually.  

There are no markings on these magazines except on the floorplate which reads:

CAL. 5.56mm

Made in USA

The finish is grey and it does not wear off.  I have been using a few of the mags along with some other USGI magazines since 1994.   All of the magazines drop free in a mil-spec receiver.  Mag-pul followers fit them perfectly.  

They were sold to be as Labelle Magazines.   They are Labelle, right?  

I tried to add photos do not know how.  It appears that the photo has to be hosted from a website.  

Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Labelles will have "Labelle Industries" stamped into the floorplate.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They are Labelle teflon coated magazines.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=758996&page=1
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.   I did not know that the part number on the magazine was a Shomer-Tec part number.

I guess they just came with really soft floorplates.  They are softer than a comparable "colt" branded floorplate.   I have had no issues thus far so I gather they are just unmarked Labelle magazines.   After all, that is what I was told I was buying back in 1994, pre-ban Labelle Magazines.

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to obtain spare floorplates, contact CProducts magazines as they sell them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
All my Labelle prebans had thin soft floorplates.  But they are excellent mags.  I sold them to NY'ers for the cost of new Okays.  Helping out the brotherhood.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top