Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2008 12:43:30 PM EDT
As you can probably tell by my user name, I am a female. As such I have less strength in my hands than you guys. Also starting to develop arthritis. So loading a magazine is killer on my hands/thumbs. I've looked at the stripper clips and some other speed loaders in catalogs. Is any system or product might be better than another?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the LULA for AR mags and the UPLULA for pistol mags.  Both work really well and are easy to use.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a StripLula.  It'll load single rounds, stripper clips and unload mags.  They fit on USGI, aftermarket and pmags.  I've bent spoons with some of my stripper clips but have never had a problem with them using this thing.  The videos are somewhat boring, but this website shows how they work.

StripLula
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on both of the previous posts, the  StripLula is great with stripper clips and the Lula is great for loose rounds and un-loading a mag. If you get them both you will be happy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The Cammenga loader also works quite well, for arthritic hands it might be a bit easier then the LULA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
1+ on LULAs.  10+ on UPLula.  Use the UPLula on MP40 mags, XD mags in 9mm and 45 acp, BHP mags, etc. etc.  Great kit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't plan on using stripper clips get the Lula. It loads single rounds easily and unloads just as easily. The Striplula works ok but is not as simple as the Lula and still requires direct finger pressure to load the rounds . The Lula uses a cam lever type design to make loading individual rounds easier. You can load up to ten individual loose rounds in the Strip Lula but my experience is that the rounds can bounce forward during loading causing frequent hangups against the front of the magazine feed lips.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you don't plan on using stripper clips get the Lula. It loads single rounds easily and unloads just as easily. The Striplula works ok but is not as simple as the Lula and still requires direct finger pressure to load the rounds . The Lula uses a cam lever type design to make loading individual rounds easier. You can load up to ten individual loose rounds in the Strip Lula but my experience is that the rounds can bounce forward during loading causing frequent hangups against the front of the magazine feed lips.

Full-Auto

Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:13:08 AM EDT
[#8]
LULA

IMO any loader you have to preload to load a mag is kinda stupid.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for LULA. I have one for each rifle type (5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62 Nato). I love the LULAs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#10]
+ Lula. When U load your  AR mag do U just push the ammo down or do U try to load it like a pistol magazine?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
+ Lula. When U load your  AR mag do U just push the ammo down or do U try to load it like a pistol magazine?

Well, I have to be honest and show my ignorance - I have not loaded a pistol mag to really understand what you mean. When I load my AR mag I try to push the rear of the cartridge down slightly first then push it on in. Seems to work ok.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#12]
If you check the main firing line at Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot you'll find that the majority are using the Cammenga Easyloader.

There is a reason for this, if you are going to load a LOT of magazines it's the best by far!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I have to be honest and show my ignorance - I have not loaded a pistol mag to really understand what you mean. When I load my AR mag I try to push the rear of the cartridge down slightly first then push it on in. Seems to work ok.

It's not ignorance at all, thats how we all learn. On many pistol and rifle magazines loading is performed by pressing the new cartridge down on the front of the follower or top round in the magazine, then sliding the cartridge rearward under the feed lips that retain the cartridge in the magazine. On staggered double stack magazines like the AR15/M16, the magazine is easier loaded by placing the cartridge directly on top of the feed lips and simply pressing down. This method is easier than the method you described, but will obviously require gradually more pressure as you fill the magazine. The Lula can help with this in your situation if you still have difficulty.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Get a StripLula.  It'll load single rounds, stripper clips and unload mags.  They fit on USGI, aftermarket and pmags.  I've bent spoons with some of my stripper clips but have never had a problem with them using this thing.  The videos are somewhat boring, but this website shows how they work.

StripLula

+1

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Consider the Beta Personal Loader. It allows you to load 5 rounds at a time, by exerting pressure with the palm of your hand.

If you are using clips, the Speed Loader is indicated.

www.betaco.com
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top