Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 9:30:01 PM EDT
Seriously, $15 + for used USGI 30rd mags on the EE....  Thanks for cashing in and contributing to the panic....  Isn't it bad enough?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The local shops here have been selling them for more than that since the AWB died.  Same goes for gunshow dealers in the area.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the Post-Obama Election prices...

You should have bought them 1 year ago...

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That's nothing. I was at a local gun show this weekend and saw used GI mags with the old shitty followers for $30. That was among alot of other price gouging taking place.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Welcome to the Post-Obama Election prices...

You should have bought them 1 year ago...

I already learned from the 1994 AW ban....  How can you justify $15 used USGI mags when you can still get new mags (Pmags too) at under $15 new??  Guess the buyers are to blame....

ETA:  I guess I understand.  I am just pissed to see this happening all over again....
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait till the ban is "re-instated" and made permanent...

You will be tellin' your grandkids...(if you are allowed to have any you can keep) about
'The good ole days and $15 pre ban mags for sale...and how you didn't buy any cause they
were too expensive"

Get em while they are cheap and stack em deep...

The time is coming when these will go for $30-maybe even $100 on the black market...

IMO
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay guys, forgive the noob question, but what the heck is the EE? I keep seeing it and haven't been able to decipher that one yet.

I didn't even look at GI mags at teh gun show this weekend. I should have just to see what they were running in comparison.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Okay guys, forgive the noob question, but what the heck is the EE? I keep seeing it and haven't been able to decipher that one yet.

I didn't even look at GI mags at teh gun show this weekend. I should have just to see what they were running in comparison.

This http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't see any problem with selling prebans to occupied states at the cost of replacment pmags.

Void where prohibited of course.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
My local gunstore has been $15 for years , he never changes. I have seen as low as $5 and as high as $25 maybe you guys need to look at pre 2004 prices. New were at $30+ there was not nearly the amount of choices on the market either.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
My local gunstore has brownell mags priced right at $35 each right now.................he has tons of them in stock.........TONS!!!!

The only people I see buying one or two is the newbies who say "That's a great deal right now!"

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seriously, $15 + for used USGI 30rd mags on the EE....  Thanks for cashing in and contributing to the panic....  Isn't it bad enough?

If you think the price is too high.....don't buy them.  Simple as that.  

If people will pay $15 for them, then let them go for that much. It's all supply and demand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I posted that I had bought a bunch of GI mags for $10 apiece this last weekend and several guys thought I was an idiot for spending that much....A few of the ones I got were ugly but most were just average used mags and I think they are well worth that.

There are a whole bunch of shooters who have come into the sport in the last few years and they have no memory of what things were like even in the mid 90's. All they know is that you call XYZ company and they ship you all the ammo and mags you want, dirt cheap, and in only 5 days..... They have gotten a rather rude wake up call. If they have been on this site for any length of time they should know better....but then there is the whole "Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it"....Not me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#15]
i remember i bought a new still in the package 17 round mag for my G17 back in 2003 right before the last ban ended. it was $90.00!!! well i was only 21 at that time and had nothing better to do with my money, i am much more prepared and informed these days!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Right before the election I picked up 10 Colt GI 20 round all aluminum mags for $50 obviously these are surplus but he let me cherry pick them and I got some nice mags...last gun show same dealer was selling them for $13 each as fast as he could hand them out.

Sign of things to come I am afraid

Why would I buy 20 rounders you ask? They are perfect for the varmint gun 30 rounders are too long and hit the ground when aiming on a bipod.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I was selling USGI used mags for $11.00 each shipped priority in quantities of 10 or more back in March of this year.  I don't think it is out of line for someone to sell them for more now that supply is down, demand is up and shipping costs have increased with postal rates having gone up.  

My mags came with non-tilt followers included along with the GI followers.  I was also running an ad at the same time that I would take P-Mags delivered to me from a vendor as payment and my ad in that case was aimed to guys in ban states.

I sold out in 3 days.  I held back Colt baseplate mags for sale at a higher price premium.  

Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you buy their stuff on the EE.  I've sold stuff at a premium over the years only to see prices go up over double as time goes by, that is just how life works.  Should I bitch that I could get more for the items now?

http://archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=525992
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:28:14 AM EDT
[#18]
They way i look at it is, if you don't have em and want them you'll pay it. I sold my colt and everything for it back around 97 for a nice profit. Now i feel like a moron for not keeping it and the price i'm paying to build back up.

Picked up 4 new 30's the past two weeks at $20 each and i remember when 10 was highway robbery. Not sure if it matters but they are as follows: 1- bushy w/magpul , 1- colt , 1- d&h and some kay i've never heard of.
Missed out on some 17$ pmags so more than likely will just grab a bunch of $10 used at the end of the week. I guess since i purchased from a local shop that has treated me right for the last 28 years i have the peace of mind that if they don't feed it will be made right.

Then again i'm still hoping this is just some kind of a cruel joke.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#19]
DURING the 1994 AWB, I could buy all of the G.I. M-16 mags I wanted for $30-$35 dollars. There are so many out there that there is a limit to how much they will bring.

PursuitSS
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top