Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 10:29:46 PM EDT
Which is better and more reliable.the Beta 100 rounders or the "Snail" 90 rounders(have the clear front)...Looks like the Beta's will hang down less...Thanks!
Also,how hard is it to reload either in the field?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
beta co's  C-mag for .223

unless you have one of them oddball cal. AR's in 6.5 grendal, 6.8SPC 458socom, .50beowulf, .450bushmaster, exc. exc. Then you could probably make the MWG 90rd drum work for the round.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither of these mags are acceptable for serious work.

Get yourself some D&H 30rd or some Magpul PMags and call it done.

YMMV---IMHO

bigcraig out!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of each and have only shot the MWG.  The only problem with it is that you really have to push it home to get it to seat.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I used an MWG drum back during the ban it is great because you can still fire a M203 or masterkey if you have one, I dont know if i'd use it in combat tho.

I have no doubt my beta-c-mags will work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used an MWG drum back during the ban it is great because you can still fire a M203 or masterkey if you have one, I dont know if i'd use it in combat tho.

I have no doubt my beta-c-mags will work.

For awhile anyway.The problem is there are almost as many people who experience problems as dont for something not widely used.Thats a bad track record, and         not good enough to trust except for a very expensive range toy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one of the 90-Round Snail mags but didn't care for it.  When full and mounted on the AR, all of the weight was to the left side. I think that with the Beta C-Mag, all of the weight would be distributed evenly left and right creating a more balanced platform.

Would I use it for SHTF or such, doubtful, but it would be fun to shoot every now and then. Just my .02 cents worth!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top