Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:54:44 AM EDT
D&L Sports Inc.  offers what they call their Extreme Duty magazines, which have an aluminum follower, aluminum floorplate 1/2" thick held in place by 5 machine screws (flat or ring style available), extra power magazine springs, and apparently a number of patents pending.

www.dlsports.com/ar15_extreme_duty_magazines.html

-- Anyone know anything about these?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I know they cost $49.99.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Im not really digging the screw on the side of the mag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I will pass. I'll take some HK or CP SS mags, thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Rather than spending $50 on one of those mags, why not just spend $10 for a D&H teflon coated mag, then drop in one of these springs ($5.95) and one of these followers ($2.50):

For less than $20 you could have a mag every bit as reliable in terms of function and be plenty sturdy enough for use. Some of the standards for magazine toughness baffle me. I mean I don't plan on running my mags over with 4 wheel drive trucks. I just need them to be tough enough to survive being dropped on the ground occasionally and ride around in my mag pouches. The D&H mags are plenty capable of doing that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometime ago I considered the D&L Sports’ ”Extreme Duty” magazine” for purchase, but decided against it because of the price verses what it is, a supercharged GL Aluminum magazine.

I am sure that this magazine does everything claimed and then some; however, for the same or slightly less price I can buy a HK 416 manufactured magazine of superior quality.  And that is what I do, by all of the HK 416 magazines that I can.

I think a more realistic price for the D&L Sports Extreme Duty magazine is in the $25 range.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top