BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2007 10:19:11 AM EDT
my mags showed up today..but..i havent looked at em yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Please tell me you're going to post pics
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
taggity tag
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
holly shit
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my mags showed up today..but..i havent looked at em yet.

Wow thats amazing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Those look pretty decent, how dark are they in comparison to a black mag (they seem really really dark - that's a good thing!)

What's your impression of the CP teflon coating, it appears there might be some rough spots towards the bottom, and along the spine.  Can you tell if it's coated inside and out?

Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
they are coated inside and out. in fact it feels as if they were assembled with the finish still tacky as the magpuls dont slide as smoothly as in my d&h's. the color is between d&h grey teflon and black i would say. right in the middle. there are several bubbles in the finish down towards the bottom and along the spine. they look okay but in all honesty ill prolly buy d&h's from now on and upgrade the followers to magpul's. ill pay a little more if i have too but oh well. i dont feel this quality is up to the three month wait for " perfection "....
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
they are coated inside and out. in fact it feels as if they were assembled with the finish still tacky as the magpuls dont slide as smoothly as in my d&h's. the color is between d&h grey teflon and black i would say. right in the middle. there are several bubbles in the finish down towards the bottom and along the spine. they look okay but in all honesty ill prolly buy d&h's from now on and upgrade the followers to magpul's. ill pay a little more if i have too but oh well. i dont feel this quality is up to the three month wait for " perfection "....

Shit storm to follow, yikes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe so. im just stating that i had to wait three months to get these mags so that they would be " perfect ".  i think the quality of D&H is better, finish included. i havent tested them and they may function perfect, but i think i'll stick with D&H from now on. thats my personal choice and im entitled to it. if anyone including larry and the folks at cp have a problem with that then fine. im not bashing anything here im stating my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe so. im just stating that i had to wait three months to get these mags so that they would be " perfect ".  i think the quality of D&H is better, finish included. i havent tested them and they may function perfect, but i think i'll stick with D&H from now on. thats my personal choice and im entitled to it. if anyone including larry and the folks at cp have a problem with that then fine. im not bashing anything here im stating my opinion.

+1, I was not disagreeing with you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sigh...

I guess I'll wait for a few more reports...
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
also in loading i had to stop and take the mags apart and bend the tab at the front of the mag closest to the tip of the bullet. they were inset so far they were preventing the mag from being loaded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#13]
They look nice can't wait for th straight 20's
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I know this isn't going to go over well with this crowd but who really cares what the mag finish looks like, as long as the thing functions 100% it's a great mag.  Who the hell needs teflon on their mags just so they won't see scratches.  Of course you guys are free to do as you like but I just don't understand the almighty teflon mag thing.  I have teflon mags and they are fine but I'll take my NHMTG/CProducts dry film mags every time.

you guys have the right to flame me for my comments but I just don't see the allure to teflon mags and I just wanted to add my thoughts on the subject. This isn't one of them your AR is a battle rifle  so don't worry about scratches but it is a $12 mag not a 2,000 rifle.

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
i cancelled mine for the fact that i had some unexpected expenses come up...however i was willing to wait.  i want to see more pics before i pass judgement but going by that pic above...if they're all going to be of that quality i'm kinda glad i cancelled them.  my used through over a thousand rounds, dropped, etc D&H mags don't have any bubbles or chips on them.  for the wait i would expect a lil better but like i said i am not passing judgement until i see more pics and reviews.  however for "sending them back b/c the finish wasn't up to par w/ the way CProducts wanted" line kinda just got tossed out the window w/ the less than reasonable looking finish on the bottom of those mags.  c'mon guys get the reviews and pics out and be honest.

ETA: BTW OP if you're not satisfied send them back as I'm sure Larry will be more than willing to exchange them for you.  What I have found is that w/ the volume of mags they're producing, their QC may not always be the best but if you've got a problem they go out of their way to make it right.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I just received the first of my teflon CProd mags (only 2, which were ordered before the GB - and before the delays - still waiting for my 44MAG GB order with more), and I have to disagree. The followers on my two mags are absolutely smooth, and the only "problems" with the finish are some typical scratches, presumably from mag well fit testing.

Hopefully the rest of mine will be like these 2, without the problems of yours.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
grr.  I thought the teflon wasn't supposed to scratch.  Sounds good from the function side.  In all the teflon mags I have, I've never scratched one up from putting it in and out of the magwell.  I'm starting to wish my GB order wasn't so large.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#18]
the pinchwelds at the front of the mag are interfering with the loading of the mag as well. i had to bend these to load the mags..
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
ill pay a little more if i have too but oh well. i dont feel this quality is up to the three month wait for " perfection "....

A few years from now I dont read in the Magazine review FAQ "C-Products are good magazines but when the first run of Teflon mags were made,they had finish problems so stay away from those" and end up owning 50 of them. Also I could never bring myself to Sell them if I new they had a problem and If Law changes I wont be able to return them to CP.
Being a test rat is one of the reason i cancelled my order. I have no doubt they will work as intended, but just like buying a first year production car you dont know what issue may pop up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ill pay a little more if i have too but oh well. i dont feel this quality is up to the three month wait for " perfection "....

A few years from I dont read in the Magazine review FAQ "C-Ppoducts are good magazines but whent hey first producted the New Teflon mags they were problems"

Being a test rat is one of the reason i cancelled my order.

What the heck are you talking about
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What the heck are you talking about

edited it for spelling and clarity

A few years from now I dont read in the Magazine review FAQ "C-Products are good magazines but when the first run of Teflon mags were made,they had finish problems so stay away from those" and end up owning 50 of them. Also I could never bring myself to Sell them if I new they had a problem and If Law changes I wont be able to return them to CP.

I have no doubt they will work as intended, but just like buying a first year production car you dont know what issue may pop up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Woo hoo!  Looks good to me.  I'm sure they function fine.  That grey finish looks really good; if I had known the grey would be so dark, I would have ordered grey instead of black.  They look really nice!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Mine arrived yesterday. They look great and I thank Larry for the GB. Sure, I had to wait like everyone else, but I have no doubt they will function perfectly. Thanks again. Jason
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Got my mags today.  I love the color but I just can't say they look great.  Lot's of cosmetic defects.

It looks like these mags were either made on monday when everyone was recoving from thier hangovers or on friday when everyone was just looking to go home.  Or maybe my order was "stop lossed" and I was mailed some cosmetic rejects. I can only wonder.

All of them look like they were layed on thier side before they were dry and all have air bubbles in the finish especially around the edges. Some have sizeable slag on the backbone of the mag from the welds.  A few have paint runs hanging on the edge near the floorplate.

One mag has a large paint defect inside just under the mag lips that interferes with the follower.  I'm gonna have to take the dremel to it.    I just can't see how that made it past QC.  Gee, hope that don't void the warrant.  

Other than the cosmetic issues, they'll probably function fine.  But if I ever wanted to sell them someday, I don't think they'd be worth half the price.

The wait wasn't worth it.  Not a happy camper.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#25]
So what's it going to be fellas.  So far we've got 50% positive, 50% negative reviews...
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Got my mags today.  I love the color but I just can't say they look great.  Lot's of cosmetic defects.

It looks like these mags were either made on monday when everyone was recoving from thier hangovers or on friday when everyone was just looking to go home.  Or maybe my order was "stop lossed" and I was mailed some cosmetic rejects. I can only wonder.

All of them look like they were layed on thier side before they were dry and all have air bubbles in the finish especially around the edges. Some have sizeable slag on the backbone of the mag from the welds.  A few have paint runs hanging on the edge near the floorplate.

One mag has a large paint defect inside just under the mag lips that interferes with the follower.  I'm gonna have to take the dremel to it.    I just can't see how that made it past QC.  Gee, hope that don't void the warrant.  

Other than the cosmetic issues, they'll probably function fine.  But if I ever wanted to sell them someday, I don't think they'd be worth half the price.

The wait wasn't worth it.  Not a happy camper.

you too huh...
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Cancelled my order and got 10 D&H Black Teflons from Rainer. Paid $1.95 a piece more for them.  I think C-Products may have underestimated the buying frenzy that the new Democratic Congress would instill in us at the time of the group buy.  Maybe the order was too much for them at this time.

I am sure they will get it right, but I decided it wasn't worth the heartburn for me.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#28]
has CProducts made any comments on the teflon issues?  i am leaning more and more towards cancelling my order now...before I get crappy mags.  i gotta say that my first experience with a group buy has left me less than thrilled.

-matt
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So what's it going to be fellas.  So far we've got 50% positive, 50% negative reviews...

I am so glad I cancelled a while ago.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#30]

So what's it going to be fellas. So far we've got 50% positive, 50% negative reviews...

Put me on the negative list.  My comments are in the group buy thread.

JDK
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I no longer have a horse in this race, so it doesn't matter to me.  However, several people claim to have problems, BUT as has been said many times, there are tons of mags out there, so it is probably a small percentage that are bad.

Why don't we just have a poll or something and encourage ALL Cprod. owners to participate?  It won't do much good to have 20 people say they got bad mags, when there are only 50 people who vote, obviously it won't be a fair poll.  But, if say 500 people or more voted, then maybe the situation would be a little bit clearer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I got my order of 25 mags today as well from C-Products. They are the gray teflon with magpul follower.

Here they are in their new home still in wrapper...

and yes, the pouches, cans, and lunch box are all filled with "ready-to-go" mags.

I randomly selected one mag. Here it is, on the left, next to a D&H teflon mag for comparison.

The C-Prod mag is darker.. I do like the color. Note also the bumpy lines on the C-Product mag. It does appear that the coating did not complete curing prior to shipping or something like that. I believe this is only cosmetic however. All of the other C-Prod mags has similar imperfections. I function tested the mag and it works fine in all my ARs. The mag "feels" strong and tight. I think construction is comparably as good as the D&H. I expect these will test just fine at the range.

Here is view from further away... On the far left is an old power coated Okay mag. Note the power coated color is about as dark as the C-Prod mag.

Now here, you can compare the C-Prod; D&H; an old teflon LaBelle mag; and the Okay.

If the C-Prod mags did not have the imperfections, they would be the most attractive mags I have ever owned. I am a little dispointed given how long the wait was... I would not have minded waiting another few days for the mags to cure properly if that was the case or get a better lot. Nevertheless, that is not really all that important to me... I expect these mags will function just fine and hold thier finish for a long time... and these factors are important to me. The price was also good, especially with the magpull followers included.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh Boy.

Think positive think positive... I got mostly 20 round mags and have not get them yet I hope there is not a issue with the teflon on those. !
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I have the same problem with my mags. I ordered 6 Teflon and it looks like they laid them on their sides before the teflon cured and a few globs at the bottom.  Now I know it's only cosmetic but I am disappointed that I waited this long for my mags to arrive in this condition, especially since my card was charged at the time of order. I think I'll go with some D&H mags on my next purchase.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#35]
There should be no cosmetic issues (teflon finish mags) with how long it took them to send out. Why rush in the end and have imperfections?

Kind of defeats the purpose of having teflon when the mag is already blemished before you get to use it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#36]
yeah cp's not saying anything. im pretty sure they feel " oh well i've washed my hands of this, my jobs done". so mine arent the only ones that look like shit..this is sad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I would encourage you all to continue being patient.  Larry has been solid in all past dealings. I doubt this will go the way of the barrel group buy of the past where the manufacturer wasn't so cheerful on returns.  Sure, it's easy for me to say this since I had a couple hundred mags on hand and didn't play along in the group buy !  hee hee hee  Seriously though, I didn't get dicked on that barrel thing, but in support of the brotha's who did I haven't spent a penny on that brand because of it.  In that same spirit I am totally supportive of CP because of thier track record.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't gotten mine yet but am glad now that I ordered before the GB and figured if everything wasn't tip-top then I'd ride out the GB. Bought more than a few D&H's waiting for the CP teflons. I won't be thrilled if they look ratty but ultimately will care about their functionality. Maybe give them a little panache with some paracord mag pulls held with 200mph tape or some Hello Kitty stickers from my 10 yr old daughter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
also in loading i had to stop and take the mags apart and bend the tab at the front of the mag closest to the tip of the bullet. they were inset so far they were preventing the mag from being loaded.

Thats what happened on my black marlube non-GB mags.  I had to send 6 back and Larry replaced them with 6 brand new ones.  They are alot better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#40]
CP had to know this issue would come out here on the forum. I have zero problem with the "black" (more like grey)  Marlube finished mags having runs, bubbles, and easily scratched, because to me that is a thick "functional" finish that beats out drylube and I could give a shit less about how they look AFTER I've beat them around some. In fact, the mags I keep loaded in the safe are Marlube because I feel they offer the slickest follower to mag surface inside. (Note, I've inserted / dropped these mags approx. 15 times, and the finish is down to bare metal where the mag catch rides on the exterior.) However, I expected their teflon mags to look at LEAST as good as the D&H teflon mags only darker and more consistant in color between runs. (I got 3 runs of black T D&H and one is more purplish, one is a REALLY dark and flat finish almost like it was bead blasted before finishing, and the third is a really slick / shiny black. Regardless they all appear so perfectly finished that they look like they were hard anodized as opposed to teflon coated.) I realize that the bubbles left on the exterior of the new mags is purely cosmetic, but to me it looks like they were rushed out before being allowed to cure. I'm sure CP would accept these in exchange for new ones, but who knows how long that would take at this point, and what a PITA. IMO, these shouldn't have left the factory unless sold as "seconds" due to blemishes. I would assume that they would have this issue knocked out by the time the black ones start rolling off the line, so we'll see. If they are going to have bubbles in the finish like this I'd prefer to have the grey as it would surely contrast less than on a dark black mag. I think the grey is dark enough that they really don't even need to offer two color choices.

Whatever the issue, I'm sure Larry will make it right whether it be refund, exchange, etc.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, I am less concerned about the cosmetic blemishes.  I care much more about function...and I don't think this is the proper function:

I'm not too pleased.  Thankfully, I split my order and only got 5 teflon.

Edit: Ok, I just function tested all five mags. Four are functioning properly without any hiccups.

Only one seems out of spec and hangs up on the 10th to 11th round. It appears as if the round is getting caught sandwiched inside the mag body.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#42]
i just feel that for the time we waited and the constant posts about delays in production to make sure the finish was perfect, we got screwed. once agin just my opinion but i think this is just piss poor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Oh snap!!! Is that a new grey teflon mag? You are going to send it back aren't you? This happen during live fire?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Oh snap!!! Is that a new grey teflon mag? You are going to send it back aren't you? This happen during live fire?

Yes, I think I am going to return that mag.  It must be out of spec.

Thankfully, no, it didn't happen under live fire.  I just received them from UPS this morning, and I was inspecting them and planning to load them up.

Overall, 4 of the 5 seem to work properly, but the cosmetics aren't great.

The 5th is FUBAR.

Here's a couple more pics of the problem mag, and showing the "finish" on the bottom:

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#45]
So this occured while loading the mag up, then when you went to download it and the rounds hung up? Just wondered as I haven't tried this with any of my mags...I usually just load em up to capacity and shoot em dry. Reason I don't I guess is because the feedlips usually do a number on the brass (no LULA) and I'm getting down to bare bones here. Need to score some more M193 spec stuff. Did it hang up at all while loading it or just downloading it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
So this occured while loading the mag up, then when you went to download it and the rounds hung up? Just wondered as I haven't tried this with any of my mags...I usually just load em up to capacity and shoot em dry. Reason I don't I guess is because the feedlips usually do a number on the brass (no LULA) and I'm getting down to bare bones here. Need to score some more M193 spec stuff. Did it hang up at all while loading it or just downloading it?

It hung up while LOADING.  On the 10th/11th round, it got loose, and when I flipped the mag over, rounds 1-9 simply fell out the top leaving 10 and 11 as shown stuck in the mag, even after I removed the FOLLOWER.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#47]
based on what i have read here, i just cancelled my order.   i hope i can avoid the headache that this group buy seems to be headed for.  its too bad, 'cause they had a good thing going for them.  i definitely would have purchased more mags if the delivered what they promised.  i won't even get into the time table/schedule thing.

-matt
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow, that IS ugly. Now I'm glad I did order black, I would expect them to be flawless. If not, they're going back. At least with CP you can deal with them directly...44Mag is the awesomeness too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Well, I am less concerned about the cosmetic blemishes.  I care much more about function...and I don't think this is the proper function:

i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/silascobb/P2230023.jpg

i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/silascobb/P2230017.jpg

I'm not too pleased.  Thankfully, I split my order and only got 5 teflon.

Edit: Ok, I just function tested all five mags. Four are functioning properly without any hiccups.

Only one seems out of spec and hangs up on the 10th to 11th round. It appears as if the round is getting caught sandwiched inside the mag body.

That is absolutely unacceptable quality control.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, I will say that the finish on the profile SIDES of the mags looks great.  Good color, and absolutely no scratches.  The problem...cosmetically, is on the ends and bottom.

Here's a couple more pics from the problem mag.  I've reproduced the problem three times now:

From the top of the mag down:

From the bottom of the mag up to the top:

Empty, taken from the top of the mag looking down:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top