User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:08:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Great news.  I can't wait for those and the 7.62 x39 mags to be ready.  

So what's next?  How about a reliable teflon coated 40 rounder in 223?
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.   I've been eagerly waiting for these since they were announced.

While I'm dissapointed in the delay, I think i can speak for everyone when I say thank you for taking the time to release something that is truly top notch and exactly what we want, rather than a half-assed product that is close, but no cigar.  *cough-sig556-cough*

Keep up the good work.   I'm in for several of the 32 rounders, and several of the 20 rounders when they ship.
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent!

FWIW I wasn't going to do a 9mm AR carbine until I saw CProducts was actually going to be releasing quality mags at a reasonable price.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that these mags have opened a whole new area of AR-dom!
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to your Mini-14 mags
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Still waiting, as I have Colt 9mms, I hope you get them right. Sounds as if you are making every attempt to do so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Anything new to report?  I'd like to know how the "issue" is progressing.  Did you find a fix yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Any news or updates on the 9mm cprod mag testing and release date?

iso
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
how far behind the initial release will you have the californistan 10 rounders? thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
how far behind the initial release will you have the californistan 10 rounders? thanks!

Hah, that is a good one!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#12]
In this thread in the Magazines forum, Larry says the magazines should be on their way to 44mag.com by 7 March.  Too cool!  As I say in that thread, I'm not so disappointed in the delay since it means the mags have been exhaustively tested.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the update Larry.  As stated before, take your time in getting it right.  Just wanted to know how much time I had to save up more $$$.

thanks again
iso
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
All mine runs with is 9mm ball. Send me all those mags that don't take HP!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's an update: my order for these mags through 44mag.com is no longer "backorder-no shipment set," but rather "in progress".  That's great news to me!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the candor, Larry.  I for one think you get an inordinate amount of second guessing and flack from folks around here exactly because you do communicate with your customer base so well.  Being accessible means your more open to both praise and criticism unfortunately!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thanks for the candor, Larry.  I for one think you get an inordinate amount of second guessing and flack from folks around here exactly because you do communicate with your customer base so well.  Being accessible means your more open to both praise and criticism unfortunately!

+1 to that.

There's not a lot of places or businesses where you get to look behind the R&D curtain and get a blow by blow (including the setbacks) of a product in development.  If C-products was run like Microsoft, they'd make their announced release date even with a buggy product and require several iterations of updates to get it right.  A target date is just that.  I think the honesty Larry showed on this forum explaining the delay speaks volumes for his integrity and bolsters my confidence in the quality of his end product.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Here's an update: my order for these mags through 44mag.com is no longer "backorder-no shipment set," but rather "in progress".  That's great news to me!
...And this morning the status is back to "backorder-no shipment set."  I'm confused...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Larry!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...And this morning the status is back to "backorder-no shipment set."  I'm confused...
And yet another update-I'm going to stop checking the status online.  I emailed 44mag.com about this issue, and they said to expect to wait about a week for manufacturing and another for shipping...right in line with what Larry said about when the mags should be ready and shipped.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And yet another update-I'm going to stop checking the status online.  I emailed 44mag.com about this issue, and they said to expect to wait about a week for manufacturing and another for shipping...right in line with what Larry said about when the mags should be ready and shipped.

not too bad.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I would guess there are more Bushmaster 9MM carbines out there than Colt's.  If not there will so be.  I have to check this out as I have two BM Carbon 15 carbines enroute.  Another platform to buy mags for.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I would guess there are more Bushmaster 9MM carbines out there than Colt's.  If not there will so be.  I have to check this out as I have two BM Carbon 15 carbines enroute.  Another platform to buy mags for.

I wish BM would make a real 9mm carbine and not just the Carbon-15 junk. I'd buy like 3.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish BM would make a real 9mm carbine and not just the Carbon-15 junk. I'd buy like 3.

Anything to back that up?  People said the same thing about cast aluminum receivers when they came out.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that work out to be?Mid March we will have them in hand?(I ordered from 44mag.com too)
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that work out to be?Mid March we will have them in hand?(I ordered from 44mag.com too)
The way I count, I should have mine on or about 14 March.  Maybe earlier since I got priority shipping (or whatever they call it).
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anything to back that up?  People said the same thing about cast aluminum receivers when they came out.  

Yeah, the fact that I REALLY wish they would make a real carbine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will back that up.  No plastic AR platforms for me.  The only gain is the manufacturer/repackager's profit margin.  Many of us know what we can build most anything off forged upper and lower receivers.  I can't perceive ever buying another complete factory rifle in my lifetime.  If I bought or traded for a used one the last thing I would ever consider is one of them carbon pieces of.........well.........whatever you want to call them this week.

FWIW, I can't see much beyond the stacks of $4 Sten mags I am running......
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will back that up.  No plastic AR platforms for me.  The only gain is the manufacturer/repackager's profit margin.  Many of us know what we can build most anything off forged upper and lower receivers.  I can't perceive ever buying another complete factory rifle in my lifetime.  If I bought or traded for a used one the last thing I would ever consider is one of them carbon pieces of.........well.........whatever you want to call them this week.

FWIW, I can't see much beyond the stacks of $4 Sten mags I am running......

How does the "no plastic for me" statement back up anything?  Thats just a personal preference like saying no pink ARs for me.  Pink would function just as well but I would not want one.  I am really looking for someone who has real life info about the Carbon 15. Positive or negative.  Anyone

Link Posted: 3/1/2007 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#32]

I am really looking for someone who has real life info about the Carbon 15. Positive or negative.  Anyone

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=288696&page=1

That is enough for me.Maybe that makes me odd or something but a failure like that isn't something I want to deal with warranty or not.

Anyhow,lets not get off topic.I WANT MAGS!!.
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I am really looking for someone who has real life info about the Carbon 15. Positive or negative.  Anyone

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=288696&page=1

That is enough for me.Maybe that makes me odd or something but a failure like that isn't something I want to deal with warranty or not.

Anyhow,lets not get off topic.I WANT MAGS!!.

Three words: Aluminum Case Ammo.   The end.
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I may be nit picking but "I would guess there are more Bushmaster 9MM carbines out there than Colt's." doesn't strike me as true.  Colt has been making 9mm carbines since the early '80s.  Bushmaster has only been making 9mm carbines for a couple of years.  Even if BM was selling 10X the 9mm carbines than Colt is, I dought that BM could make up 25+ years of production.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The 9mm magazine is still going through extensive testing. We have made 4 tooling changes to make this product work with all 9mm rifles, new and old. We are testing the 5th change on Monday.

If you want to bitch and bash C Products for the delay...be my guest. It won't change a thing, we will not release this product until we are positive it works uniformly with all 9mm rifles. Keep in mind we are the only manufacturer trying to fill a huge need in the 9mm market, a top quality magazine! If it was easy, every manufacturer would be making a 9mm that works all the time.

Larry
C Products

C'mon now, didn't you say the mags were tested and going to be ready like the end of Jan?  If you set dates and then miss them people will bitch.  Anyways keep testing and get em right, it's better to have someone bitch about timelines than function.
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The 9mm magazine is still going through extensive testing. We have made 4 tooling changes to make this product work with all 9mm rifles, new and old. We are testing the 5th change on Monday.

If you want to bitch and bash C Products for the delay...be my guest. It won't change a thing, we will not release this product until we are positive it works uniformly with all 9mm rifles. Keep in mind we are the only manufacturer trying to fill a huge need in the 9mm market, a top quality magazine! If it was easy, every manufacturer would be making a 9mm that works all the time.

Larry
C Products

C'mon now, didn't you say the mags were tested and going to be ready like the end of Jan?  If you set dates and then miss them people will bitch.  Anyways keep testing and get em right, it's better to have someone bitch about timelines than function.
If I recall correctly, the "few Colts" that had problems didn't crop up until late January.

It looks to me like this crowd would bitch with products that worked in "only" 99.999% of 9mm rifles or products that worked in everything but were released later because of that known 0.001% of rifles it didn't' work in.  And for at LEAST 99.999% of us, these are expensive toys, not duty weapons, so I don't see where the angst comes from.
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I am old enough to remember when instant gratification wasn't considered an entitlement.  I have a Colt, so when you get these working, I'll be pleased to buy a bunch of 20s and 32s.
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
C'mon now, didn't you say the mags were tested and going to be ready like the end of Jan? If you set dates and then miss them people will bitch. Anyways keep testing and get em right, it's better to have someone bitch about timelines than function.

Exactly how many 9mm C Products magazines do you have on order?

Larry
C Products

Why the hell would I order 9mm mags that are not even available when I haven't gotten mags that I ordered months ago?  I was planning on ordering some for the future but it would be nice to see if they run first or if they ever ship.  Is the pressure of you fucking up getting to you?  Why don't you wipe the tears out of your eyes and fiqure out how to ship some mags!  You have already fiqured out how to set dates and reset dates and reset dates and reset dates and reset dates.  I'm going to help out your marketing dept, two words: Coming Soon!
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
C'mon now, didn't you say the mags were tested and going to be ready like the end of Jan? If you set dates and then miss them people will bitch. Anyways keep testing and get em right, it's better to have someone bitch about timelines than function.

Larry
C Products

Why the hell would I order 9mm mags that are not even available when I haven't gotten mags that I ordered months ago?  I was planning on ordering some for the future but it would be nice to see if they run first or if they ever ship.  Is the pressure of you fucking up getting to you?  Why don't you wipe the tears out of your eyes and fiqure out how to ship some mags!  You have already fiqured out how to set dates and reset dates and reset dates and reset dates and reset dates.  I'm going to help out your marketing dept, two words: Coming Soon!

Way out of line.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I think Hatt left off the first part of his name on purpose... Ass - Hatt

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry
C Products

Link Posted: 3/3/2007 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Way out of line.  

Which part wasn't true?
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:

Larry
C Products

Larry,

I just received a new catalog from Bushmaster that featured steel 9mm mags, which I believe someone has said (maybe you?) that these specifically are NOT Cprod mags.  They are however about twice the price you've set on the 9mm's.

If you're familiar with these Bushmaster offerings, could you/would you comment on any differences you're aware of betwen theese $60 mags and your $30 ones (other than the obvious WTF?? price of the BM's)
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

You should be banned.

Link Posted: 3/3/2007 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry
C Products

Larry,

I just received a new catalog from Bushmaster that featured steel 9mm mags, which I believe someone has said (maybe you?) that these specifically are NOT Cprod mags.  They are however about twice the price you've set on the 9mm's.

If you're familiar with these Bushmaster offerings, could you/would you comment on any differences you're aware of betwen theese $60 mags and your $30 ones (other than the obvious WTF?? price of the BM's)

Those are probably colt mags.  Thats the price theyve been going for lately.
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe we need to reformat the member ID area on the left hand column to include age of the user when they post.  

Anyway...keep up the fantastic work Larry.  I applaud your business practices in not making you customers an unwitting group of beta testers like some companies do.  Quality takes time and dedicated effort.  Patience is a virtue.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Tagging. I can wait for great cheap mags. Tuna
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top