Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2006 3:47:54 PM EDT
I know the green anti tilt are pretty much standard in any decent mag these days.... which makes me have to ask.... what makes the magpul followers that much better?  I'm considering placing a order with 44mag but trying to see if the magpul followers are something i should get with them (cheaper to do it all at once rather than upgrade ya know?)

opinions?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Because the green anti-tilts are only marginally less prone to tilting than the old black ones.  The Magpul followers WILL NOT tilt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I would just get them with the magpul upgrade. Definetly worth the extra money!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone has a little different experience with the black, green and newer follower designs.  I converted or purchased all of mine with the green followers, and all my 100+ mags work without a hitch (except a few I have damaged).  Others have not been so lucky.  If it makes you feel better, get the Magpul followers.  They are by no means a necessity, but it is one less thing that could possibly go wrong.

I like the D&H black teflons just like 44mag sells with the green followers, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Because the green anti-tilts are only marginally less prone to tilting than the old black ones.  The Magpul followers WILL NOT tilt.

that's pretty much the best reason to get them.

I at first thought of them as a novelty item but after buying and using a few I switched out all of my greens for Magpuls.  It makes no sense not to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Mmmmmm.....In 2003 Green Followers solved most if not all the problems associated with black followers according to Troy(check out his first post on the green follower FAQ).  Now in 2006 they are only marginally better.  How can a little piece of plastic change so much in three years???  The black and green followers we used in Iraq in 2003 didn't seem to be much of a concern (I can't remember any complaints but hey no one in the Army ever complains, right)  If you actually spend time worrying about your followers I would say get the Magpuls so you can spend your time thinking about important things
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Actually the tilting motion of the green followers prevents misfeeds and jams. The Magpul's anti-tilt feature can cause the cartridges to jump out and cause misfeeds which is why they came out with a Gen II follower. Some people have had great results with Gen I followers though... The Gen IIs still show this problem (cartridges won't jump out at too steep of an angle) but I've never had a malfunction with them at the range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Last year I upgraded all my 30 rd mags to green followers.  Then I tried some Magpuls out of curiosity.  If I ever by any more mags with the black followers, I will only use the Magpul.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top