Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2006 11:19:13 AM EDT
Has anyone KG Koted their mags?  Does the finish wear off or is it pretty solid? Please post pics if you have them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty solid.  Though the areas where there's metal to metal contact will wear faster than those that don't.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I Gunkoted the steel British SA-80 mags I have. I screwed up and forgot about them in the oven, so they baked for almost two hours, burning the finish to a golden brown color (they were supposed to be gray), but the finish is still tough as nails. These are range mags and I just throw them in a canvas sack to go to the range. They get bounced around in there, but I don't see anything more than a few scuffs here and there. No wear through at all.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top