Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:50:58 PM EDT
I need your help...can anyone take a picture of their Center Industries mag floor plate. The date on the mag needs to be in the 1990s.

Or, if you can answer me a question... does the pre 2000 center industries mag floor plate look the same as the post 2000 floor plate. Also, is there a difference in finnishes for later dated mags?

I am rebuilding some mags and cannot have post 2000 floor plates on my mags.

Thanks very much!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you per se, but recent 1/06 production has NO markings on the plates at all.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You may have to find baseplates from a while back.  Center appeared to stop stamping their baseplates sometime after (or possibly shortly before) the AWB.

I have 03', 04', 05', and 06' Center mags and none have marked baseplates.  There was a similar topic a few days ago, and some guys responded that their preban baseplates (pre-94), were stamped.

As far as when the change actually occurred, can't tell you for sure.  Have you tried contacting Center?  I have not talked to them personally, but have had similar questions answered by other USGI mag manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys. I did try calling Center Industries. I left a message the the person in charge of that information. He did not call me back.

I do have the floor plates in my position, I'm a little concerned about putting them on my mag bodies as post 2000 high capacity mags are illegal in this state. Not sure how I'll look in prison garb!

The floor plates look to be teflon coated and have a mfg. 6p199 on them. I did a google search and came up with center making these from I believe 1997 to present. Though you say current mags do not have info on plates...that's interesting. Perhaps I"ll call Center Industries until someone helps me.

If anyone else can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's my attempt to help. It took me about 50 shots because the 1991 baseplate is blued and reflected the flash. The first is a new 6/91 Center mag. It is blurry but says
CENTER INDUSTRIES CORP
WICHITA, KS USA

The second is a 1999 POST Ban LE Mag which has the cage code and is a matte anodized finish

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Full auto, thanks for your effort. The picture of your 1999 floor plate is exactly like the ones I have.  Does the mag body on the 1999 floor plate have a date?

Again thanks very much for taking the time to help me and thanks to those who responded as well.

And "full auto" if your ever in the bay area (god forbid), I'll buy you a beer!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Full auto, thanks for your effort. The picture of your 1999 floor plate is exactly like the ones I have.  Does the mag body on the 1999 floor plate have a date?

Yes it has a date code on the lower right side of the body. It has the cage code and a date like this;

6P199
11/99

Happy to help and will take you up on the brewsi if I get over that way.

Full-Auto

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top