Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:22:36 PM EDT
In reading some other post tonight, I did some testing.

The mags did not have any problem stripping rounds and putting them into the chamber.

What I did notice was that rounds 29, 28,27 - I guess that when the bolt was riding back put enouft down pressure to release the front of the round - was still being held at the back of the round.  the round would be more aimed at the chamber (not the flat level in the mag as you loaded it)

any one else seen this?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I do believe, tis normal.

The front might come up away from the lips, but once the bolt contacts the rear of the shell casing on the return to battery, the nose will settle back down for the feed ramps.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sly
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm having touble understanding your sentence. Could you rephrase it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm having touble understanding your sentence. Could you rephrase it?[/quote

Full mag - lock in - let bolt fly - puts first round in chamber.

pull charging handle, and let lock open (manual bolt stop)

The next round in the mag is not level with the feed lips, but the point of the round is pointed up, the round is not completly under the feed lip.  only being held in by the back half.

I will get a pic up later this week.  I hope this helps.

Badredfish
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
badredfish-

What's the condition of your mag(s)? What type of follower?

Sly
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top