Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:05:05 PM EDT
Just got 3 Cproducts stainless steel magazines last week. I took them out to the rifle match last weekend and shot with them. No problems whatsoever, except when I got home. These mags were used in the rain (this is Oregon, after all), dropped in the mud, and cleaned by hosing them out.

The next day, the springs were rusty. I didn't take a picture, but this was serious, red rust with 'texture' to it. By way of comparison, my Labells and Okay mags didn't show any rust on the springs. My GI 20 round mags did have some minor rust on the springs, but it wiped off with CLP. The Cproducts mag bodies showed no signs of rust.

I knocked the rust off with a wire brush and coated the springs with CLP. We'll see if that's enough prevent rust next time. BSW
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look midway down on the thread titled, "Cproducts magazines".  "Defenderhome" asks about the rust on the springs. A few posts down from that, Larry from Creative products explains what's going on and what to do.Looks like you've solved your problem according to that.

More reading of Creative threads will explain the reasoning for using the Chrome-silicon springs compared to the milspac stainless spring, although the stainless spring is available as an option with Creative mags.

Check out the Creative Products threads in this magazine section and also in the magazine for sale section. There has been a lot said about their products. AND, if you wait a bit, I bet Larry will be in here shortly. He works long, late, early, [ALL] hours.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top