User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 5:51:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it it their version of teflon coating.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It does and thanks a bunch.  

You might want to update your FAQ section of your website with this info.  I see that adding Mar Lube is an option, but you don't really know what you're getting.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The standard coating on our aluminum mags is the mil spec gray dry moly coat. We took the same coating added teflon and other proprietary additives and now have a Mar-Lube coating.

Larry, I'm a little upset with you right now... I was going to have some of your mags laser engraved so I emailed you asking what was in Mar-Lube and if you could not share that info to let me know if it's toxic when burned.  You gave a vague answer and told me it was not toxic when burned....    Teflon DOES release toxins when burned, including carcinogens.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Griz,
Did not mean to mislead you. I am getting an MSDS sheet on the Mar-Lube today and will let you know for sure and will share that with you. Fair enough?

Larry

Works for me....   I'm sure that a dozen mags wouldn't have given my engraver cancer, but he'd sure be pissed if he'd found out after the fact and did not take the proper precautions...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Cproducts,

IM sent with a quick question about Mar-Lube.  Looking forward to your response.

Griz,

Are you gonna get Grendel mags laser engraved as to not cornfuse them with regular 5.56 mags?  Is this a local guy in B-burg?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Griz,

Are you gonna get Grendel mags laser engraved as to not cornfuse them with regular 5.56 mags?  Is this a local guy in B-burg?

Yes, I'm planning on engraving the logo from 65grendel.com. (without the bolt-heads)

More for sex appeal than any other reason.

It's a guy I work with who lives in Blacksburg. I don't know how much it's going to cost yet, he charges $40/hour for time on his machine and I don't know how long it will take to do each mag yet.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top